3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One Bow?  (Read 881 times)

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One Bow?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 11:19:00 PM »
I can switch between most bows without any accuracy problems. The exception is my Hill bows.  It takes some practice shots to dial in after shooting recurves but usually not a big deal. Fatigue robs me of accuracy more than anything else.
Member NCBA

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 11:51:00 PM »
I like making a bow and then hunting with it until I shoot a deer.  Then I move on to the next bow.
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline A Lex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 01:59:00 AM »
Based purely on my shooting experience only, I voted one bow. But I do agree that accuracy is the shooter, not the bow. Bow certainly helps, but it won't work without someone to pull the string.

I've got only two bows, both Blackwidow longbows, identical other than draw weight and woods, and I  can swap back and forth between them no problems.

Pick up either of my son's longbows or my mates recurve and I can hardly hit squat.

If I persevere with a different bow long enough, my brain eventually seems to work it out, and I end up shooting it better. But it takes quite a while though.

My hat's off to those of you who can pick up any bow and straight up shoot it well. That's a skill.

Best

Lex
Good hunting to you all.
May the wind be your friend, and may your arrows fly true,
Most of all, may the appreciation and the gratitude of what we do keep us humble......

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 06:46:00 AM »
The very best archers in the world have one bow (or multiples of the same bow) for each discipline.  At the upper echelons of competition, consistency is everything.  Not so much for hunting accuracy and distances.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
I just hate making decisions !!!  

I've been a one bow person because of discipline.  You have to get to know how the bow, functions in many different situations.  One bow is just more easier to master.  I just wish I was better at.

I just cleaned out my information file on all my bows !  WOW !  The things a guy can collect in trying to figure out what bow will work "perfectly"  when all the time it's usually operator error !  

And one bow just helps you narrow things down quicker.

BUT I have two one is a lower poundage for developing form and accuracy. But I just read on the thread, accuracy is better developed with more poundage !  That might take me a while to figure that one out.

>>>------------>      Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2018, 03:03:00 PM »
You can have as many bows as you want as long as you can shoot them all with the same form and tempo.  It would not work so good, if you were planning on hunting with a Hill longbow, so you practice all year with a tricked out target bow and grab the Hill longbow on opening day.  On certain archery forums, familiarity often breeds contempt, but with traditional bows, familiarity insures confidence.

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 05:29:00 AM »
I doubt that there is any causal relationship between the number of bows a person owns (how wealthy or materialistic) and how well they can shoot.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 07:39:00 AM »
It is the archer, not the number of bows, IMHO.
I think it was the second year of the shoot in Cloverdale, a bunch of us went there.  One guy in our group was relatively new to traditional archery.  He spent a lot of time on the practice range trying out bows.  I remember him with 3-4 bows, probably 2 dozen different (spine, length, weight, etc) arrows that he brought and borrowing arrows arrows from some of us while we waited for everyone to finish shooting so that he could go pull arrows.  It didn't matter what bow or arrow he was shooting, he was just hammering the kill zone.  It was really something to watch.  Proved to me that it is the person.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©