3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elevated rest question  (Read 384 times)

Offline Steiger3208

• Trad Bowhunter
Elevated rest question
« on: January 29, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »
I’m thinking of purchasing a new bear 59 kodiak that comes with a feathered rest. My question is; if I remove the rest and shoot off the shelf will it change the tiller to much to achieve proper tuning without things being way out of wack?  I assume it would be worse with three under vs split finger. Is that correct?  Thanks as always
       Wes

Offline JR Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elevated rest question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
I went the opposite way, from shelf to a Bear Weatherest. Other than a nock point adjustment it didn't effect anything with regards to tiller.
God Bless

Numunuu

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
I could not shoot my fiftyniner of the shelf. I tried EVERYTHING to get good arrow flight. Put on a feather rest and perfect arrow flight.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
I like the feather rest on my Kodiak so much, that I just put one on my Kodiak Hunter too.    :)
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »
Sometimes the feather rests have a weight limit, as in 850 grain skinny carbon depresses them.  I put one on a bow for a three under shooter, with wood arrows, he got perfect arrow flight with his string nock 3/16" above horizontal.  I did not know that they came with one. The dirty bugger must have pulled it off, then came to me for help when his over weight carbon arrows would not fly.  He talked me out of a dozen arrows and a new feather rest.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 11:09:00 PM »
I have a feather rest on my 62 Vintage Works Kodiak. Made my life easier as well. Besides it’s period correct if your into that sort of thing. I been playing with 3 Under lately and haven’t noticed any flight isssues.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 12:58:00 AM »
I’ve used a feather rest on bows that were made to be used with an elevated rest, in order to get the arrow at approximately the same height as an elevated rest.  I don’t see why the opposite wouldn’t work just as well, using an elevated rest on a ‘59 Kodiak that was designed to be used with a feather rest.  However, taking the feather rest off and shooting directly off the shelf could change the dynamics of the bow.  You would just have to test it and see.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©