3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Proud new sponsor  (Read 971 times)

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Proud new sponsor
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been here for a while now and am very happy to let you all know that as of this week we are now sponsoring TradGang!

My company is KME Sharpeners. Quite a few of you already know me but for those who don’t here’s a little background- I am the product designer and customer service/tech support guy for KME. I grew up with a recurve in my hand, went over to the wheelie bow side for a bit but, I am a trad hunter in both heart and mind.

I learned to freehand sharpen knives as a kid after a local “sharpening service” just about destroyed my prized Buck Fisherman sheath knife. Later I spent quite a few years in the custom furniture business and through necessity, learned how to sharpen chisels, plane irons, cabinet scrapers and all kinds of cutting tools. I studied sharpening theory pretty extensively (and I’m still learning). Anyway somewhere along the line, and without even realizing it, I became a complete fanatic about sharpening and sharp edges of all kinds.

During my wheelie bow days I shot mostly replacement blade heads. Does anybody remember Savora broadheads? How about the old orange Satellites? or the old Wasp six blade? How about the original Anderson 245 Magnums? I also spent a few years with the Rothar Snuffers in my quiver. The package said 145 grains but my powder scale said 200!

The replacement blade heads are the reason that I built the broadhead sharpener. The manufacturers always said “razor sharp and ready to hunt with”. The problem was they were rarely sharp enough for me, remember I’m a sharpening crazed maniac. I built a jig to hold those little blades and it worked great. Then a buddy of mine who shoots Magnus two blades asked me to make him a jig for sharpening those. It wasn’t till we were done that we realized how well the thing worked and that maybe someone else might like to have one too…      

I’m not here to push our products, and I will not bash anyone else’s sharpeners. I do know a little bit about sharpening stuff though and I’ll admit I’m pretty opinionated but, my opinions are based on my experience. I am a honed and stropped edge devotee. I often say that a knife can actually be made too sharp for some jobs but a broadhead can never be sharp enough. I will put my .02 in on most sharpening related threads but that’s all it will be- my opinion. If anyone has a question or comment about our sharpeners please feel free to ask.

We are very proud to be part of “The Gang” and I would like to thank Terry for his permission to post this thread.

Now who wants to talk about sharpening Stuff???

Ron Swartz
(Sharpster)
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Proud new sponsor
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
Welcome Ron! I used the Savora BH's in the late 70's into the 80's, put a pile of venison in the freezer. I am sharpening poor and always ready to learn to do better than my file followed by a steel edge on BH's.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
Hey neighbor! It's great to see you here as a sponsor now. Thanks so much for such an easy to use product. My Grizzlies and Magnus I's are as sharp as I've ever gotten them with half the effort.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Welcome. Nice to see you here neighbor.I shot just about every broadhead you mentioned. My all time favorite out of my old wheely bow was a four blade 100 grain Wasp.My old saying was "I stung another one with my wasp".Anderson Broadheads and Targeteers boy that's more memories they still have some Trad bows in there at least the last time I was in there.I shoot Snuffers out of one of my bows too.

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
Ron -- I am stingy with my endorsements, but having bought, full pirce, and used and talked to you about the KME sharpener, I can say absolutely that this is the best broadhead sharpener I've ever used and I can't imagine how you ever thought it up ... delivery was fast ... your online broadhead and knife sharpening videos are first-rate ... and your follow-up support to customers is next-to-none. And so far as I know, KME is the only sharpener that works as well with single-bevels (the broadheads of the future, I predict and hope) as it does with doubles. You, like Ed Ashby, are clearly dedicated to reducing wounding loss, which is a win-win deal for all concerned. More power and welcome. Dave

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
That's a nice looking knife sharpener!  I've seen that bearing guide on a few custom jigs... it sure is nice to see it on something commercially available!
Sending you a PM on a stone question...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
Welcome. Looks like a good product you have to offer.
High on Archery.

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Welcome from Iowa Ron, Your sharpener has been at the top of my list.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
:wavey:     :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Good to see you, Ron. Don't be a stranger.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
I saw one of your sharpeners 2 weeks ago and liked what I saw.
 well done.

Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Bilbow Bagem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
Glad to have you onboard.  I purchased your two blade shaperner about six months ago after having tried several very fine alternatives.  I made about two dozen passes with you tool on a Stos two blade and checked it on my left arm.  It was scary sharp!!!  It shaved hair like I have never seen.  It is my goto shapener for all my blades!  This is not my first shapening tool.  I've been hunting for nearly 40 yrs and this one takes the cake.  :notworthy:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
Gentlemen,
Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words about my sharpeners. Dave2old, Bill Carlson, and a few others can testify that one of the biggest reasons that I started this company was- to help people. Don't get me wrong, I hope to get a paycheck one of these days but,  I do get a great deal of personal satisfaction when I hear that I may have helped someone get a broadhead or knife truely sharp for the first time, or even if the tool just made it an easier task than it was before.

Thank you all again,
Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
Welcome!  I've heard nothing but positive feedback about your sharpener, I need to try one and see what all the fuss is about.   :D
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
Welcome to The Family, "TradGang" IS A BIG and Getting Bigger Family!! Wow!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
Welcome to Tradgang. Always happy to see new products that help bowhunters become better sharpeners.

Looks like a nice design for traditional 2 blade heads. And really like the overall design of your knife sharpener...I'll bet that one works like gang-busters!

After looking at your website, I didn't see them so I assume you don't have a system for 3 blades or curved blades of Simmons heads?
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
I'm really enjoying my KME broadhead sharpener and Ron was a pleasure to deal with.  

Welcome to the TG.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Just finished watching your product demo video. Great job explaining how it's done! I fix machines for a living and I know a well thought out product when I see it. If I were to add one thing, it would be an extra rod bearing for the knife sharpener, or maybe offer replacements on your site. I know they last a long time, but I bet one of my machine operators could find a way to break it. LOL! I'm thinking, if there's money left over for me after Christmas, I'll get myself one of your systems!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline sou-pawbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Ron,
Welcome aboard.  I purchased one of your sharpeners and some Grizzly 190's this year. I can't imagine getting these broadheads so sharp without your tool.  Truly a great product.
Molon labe

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
Welcome Sir and I have always thought your equipment was top notch.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©