3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Proud new sponsor  (Read 970 times)

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Proud new sponsor
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
Welcome Ron! Nice product. Enjoyed your website.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
Holy smokes guys! I was out of the office all day today, No, unfortunately I wasn't hunting.
I just checked the thread and was amazed at all the responces. You fellas know how to make a guy feel welcome!

Thank you all again and I will answer your questions in a little while. It's My wifes birthday tomorrow and you know how things like that bring everything else to an abrupt halt!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by JC:

After looking at your website, I didn't see them so I assume you don't have a system for 3 blades or curved blades of Simmons heads?
JC, the three blade sharpener is in the works, probably next year.

The best way to sharpen an inside curve like a Simmons broadhead is with a round rod or round edged slip stone. The sharpener will work for these style blades but, a different technique is required. We realy want to add a three grit set of ceramic or natural Arkansas round rods to our line but man, they cost a fortune! Trying to find a high quality AMERICAN supplier right now.

If anyone knows of one please let me know.
Thanks,

-Sharps
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arrroman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Sharps,

Welcome to the Tradgang!

And HappY Birthday to your wife!

I am extremely pleased with both my KME broadhead sharpener and my KME knfe sharpener. My knives and broadheads are insanely sharp using these tools.

Both tools make sharpening a breeze. The results are swift and predictable with these tools.

Thank you for creating an all-American made tool for sharpening broadheads. And an even better tool for sharpening knives.

I can hardly wait to see what KME comes up with for sharpening the three-blade broadheads!

Good luck hunting!  >>>------------>
Arrroman

Offline Moengo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Welcome Ron, and thanks for sending all the the stones and broadhead sharpener...I'm the guy with the "covert operations". Glad you joined the Gang.
CB

Offline Arrroman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
HappY Veteran's Day!
Thank you for your service to your country and for your sacrifice for us.

And thank you to Ron for making sure we have the sharpest broadheads and edged tools whereever we go. And whatever we may be hunting...

Good luck hunting  >>>------------>
Arrroman

Offline Moengo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
I see they are offered at 3Rivers now...pretty good price too.
CB

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tom Leemans:
I know a well thought out product when I see it. If I were to add one thing, it would be an extra rod bearing for the knife sharpener, or maybe offer replacements on your site. I know they last a long time, but I bet one of my machine operators could find a way to break it. LOL!  
Tom, Thanks. The spherical bearing and race are made from Nylon 6/6. We don't offer replacements on the website because the whole sharpener is guaranteed for life. If you were to wear out or break any part, we would replace it free.

-Ron

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sharpster:
We don't offer replacements on the website because the whole sharpener is guaranteed for life. If you were to wear out or break any part, we would replace it free.
How often do you see THAT these days!!    :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Very Very glad to have you aboard.  Look forward to your insight on sharpening and other subjects.

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »
Good ol' American customer service is alive!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Glenn Carl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
Ron welcome to the gang. I just watched your videos and was wondering what kind of honing oil you were spraying on your stones?  Thanks Glenn
"This is cool"  My 7 year old son Ian after shooting his new youth bow built from Elk Ninja's build-along

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by Wood Butcher:
Ron welcome to the gang. I just watched your videos and was wondering what kind of honing oil you were spraying on your stones?  Thanks Glenn
Glenn,
That's top secret info! Just kidding, one of my favorite honing oils is not a honing oil at all. It is CRC Screwloose! This is a very lightweight penitrating oil and not only does it do a great job of "floating" the metal particles, it cleans the stone instantly when you spray it on.

Ron

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Glenn Carl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
Thanks Ron. I just ordered the broadhead sharpening kit from 3Rivers. Glenn
"This is cool"  My 7 year old son Ian after shooting his new youth bow built from Elk Ninja's build-along

Offline Numitokayo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »
Ya can't go wrong with a KME Sharpener, right Sir !!!!

Thank you Ron for making such a fine product.

Daniel
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »
I have not seen the sharper yet! But with all of the attention it has drawn, I'm about to bring up another tab. Journeyman meat cutter at the age of 19, ( grew up in the business ) I can sharpen a blade, hone it, and keep it. ( I use wood, not plastic ) For you fellas that don't know this yet, If you have a razo0r sharp edge on your knife and it gets a bit dull, find a nice piece of wood and holding it at a 90 degree angle, just pull it through and straighten out the edge. Bowferd
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
Good tip Bowferd,

A quick stropping on a piece of dry cardboard will bring it right back too.

-Sharps

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arrroman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
I use oil on my stones when sharpening indoors, or any non-ventilated area, like in the truck.

But if you are outdoors, or in a garage or other well-ventilated area try giving the stone a blast of carburetor cleaner. It not only cleans the stone, it allows the stone to cut more aggressively too.

Just be careful not to breath in any of the dain brammaging vapors...

Good luck hunting!  >>>------------>
Arrroman

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
I've been  trying my best to avoid this thread (like the plague)! Not because I didn't want to welcome a new sponsor (always happy to do that for tradgang) but because I have always been "sharpening challenged", though some of the best have tried to teach me (I can't keep a consistant angle) -  and, consequently,  have spent more money on each "best new sharpening system" then I care to remember. Most commonly winding up with semi-satisfying results, at best. They might very well have been good systems, for some folks (must be, they keep selling them), but I usually wound up with more hand cramps than I did really sharp broadheads and/or knives. I hate it - but that's "the facts, Mame".

Well, I could stand it no more, I finally had to peek in on this thread. While reading the thread, with all it's accolades, I was feeling the torment of two sneaky types of familiar thoughts - "Yeah, here we go again," and, "I'll have to check his video and web site, after I finish this thread."

I did - and all I can say is, "Wow!" This is the first one I"ve seen that seems to really make sense and at the same time looks like I might be able to make it work, without hand cramps. Now, if I was just rich, instead of so good looking -   ;)  That isn't said to mean your product is too expensive for what it is purported to do, just an old, toungue-in-cheek saying that I learned from my Pop and have used all my life. I will find a way - I'll start out small and get the Broadhead setup first and work my way up later (time permitting   :D  ). BHs are most important first ( and  give the worst hand cramp problems)!

As you can preceive, Ron, your web site and demo videos seem most effective and convincing to me. Good job, great demos. Lord willing, I'll be ordering soon. I see no reason it won't also work on single bevel BH edges, unless I'm missing something, right?

Welcome to what I see as a "very welcome" new sponsor.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Moengo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
ber63, It works great on single bevel BH's...I just finished some today and they are plenty sharp. If I can do it, anyone can. It is not just the system (which made sense to me also) but the quality of the product.
CB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©