3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite bows/dream bows?  (Read 2611 times)

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite bows/dream bows?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »
I would say my favorite bows that I've had we're a Jordan stalker longbow, Bob Thompson zipper, and the kwyk styk I have now. My dream bow would have to be a 58" Schafer recurve
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 10:11:00 AM »
My favorite bow right now is my Howatt Hi-Speed, because I shoot it the best. My dream bows would be a Blacktail,Schafer,Tall Tines,Black Widow or Toelke.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
My favorite is the bow in my signature.  Of the 200+ bows that I've owned or shot, it performs the best in my hands of any bow available regardless of price points from cheap production bows through $2500 customs.

As for a dream bow, I like the one in my signature although I do wish it were a 2-piece take down only because that would make traveling with it less cumbersome.  I don't know if I would do fancy exotic veneers or just go with some bias cut grey laminate if I had to order another though.  I love the pretty woods, but I hunt mostly in oaks and hickories and the grey bows just disappear in that environment and look almost just like the natural tree bark in the area.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline Todd Traube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
I can’t decide which bow will be next Whip, Centaur, or Maybe a Schaefer recurve?? I I’ve been looking for a Whippenstick in 40-45#, but no luck yet. This hobby sure is addictive

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »
Funny how that dream bow thing works......I wanted a Silvertip for years. Through buying and selling and trade'n I finally got one. I shot well with it and it has the best grip I have ever held. But it just did not trip my trigger. I have had a bunch of good bows but I just seem to get back to bows made by Chad Holms. I also have a bunch of ASL's that really are fun to shoot.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Woodpuppy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »
One and the same for me too, Blacktails and Treadways. Will take delivery of a new Black Forest from Mike at TBOF this March.
TBOF
Horse Creek Traditional Archery Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »
I've got a Caribow Featherhorn that I though about for a few years. Finally ordered one and got it about a year and a half ago. This is the one I'll hang on to for a long time.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 08:02:00 PM »
I think I've got mine. 2 of them. One is a Primal Tech longbow and then my Black Widow PCH. I love the Black Widow factory graybark pattern on my recurve, but my longbow is absolutely gorgeous. Both of them are shooters too!!

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »
My favorite right now is my Howard Hill Special Edition Black Mamba followed by my 2PC Wes Wallace Royal and Yellowstone longbow. Ken

Offline 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
I guess I'm plain jane. The bows that have fitted my style the best are the Martin hunters. would love to find one in a lefty at 45#'s. I've also had a Kanata and that grip fits very well. As I age ,I've been getting rid of the high poundage bows,but always looking for the Holy Grail  of bows. don't know what it is ,but I'll know it when i shoot it

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 01:04:00 PM »
I weighed options for a year or two before building a dream bow; 2 piece caribow featherhorn, yew core, cocobolo handle,  beavertail grip.  I love it.  Want another but a 2 piece wolverine model.

A decked out blacktail would be somethi g to have some day.

Finally, I’m not a recurve guy, but Danny Rowans Silvertip known as “Love Potion #9” is  bar none the sexiest bow I have ever seen!
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »
Out of all that I have tried my favorites so far would be toelke and centaur
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
A black phenolic Bear Super Kodiak.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
JD Berry Yahweh my first custom bow bought about 20 yrs ago and newly bought Shrew Super Samurai
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
I currently have 3 Schafer’s. Those are the bows for me!
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2018, 05:32:00 PM »
I'm pretty content with the bows I have now, both current and vintage, but two that I haven't gotten my mitts on and would like to are Centaur and Saluki.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 08:25:00 PM »
I've been through more bows than I would ever want to admit to. I've pretty much settled on the best of the best for me and haven't bought anything new in quite awhile now. Still have way more than I need.

But I do find myself lusting over a Blacktail T/D longbow since shooting my buddies a couple of months ago.  That could prove to be a very expensive test drive.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:00 PM »
For me it's my Centaur. Had it made two years ago, is everything I want and fits me like a glove. Impeccable workmanship, it is the bow that will never leave me.
I will say that I went through a lot of bows to get to this point, both long bows and recurves, and from  a lot of great bowlers.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline sore fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
I love my Bodnik Slick Stick. Shoot it better than any bow I have ever had. For several reasons it will always be my favorite. That said If money was no object I would love to own an Caribow Slynx. There are just so many Great Bows Being made right now. Hell, for a while now. Alot of Gifted people out there. Our gain!

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
HHA Wesley Special, HHA Redman, HHA Halfbreed, HHA Tembo, Northern Mist Classic, Sunset Hill by Nate Steen. Northern Mist Shelton (Shelton is my Dad's name)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©