3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Huntmore vs Waldrop  (Read 1817 times)

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
Huntmore vs Waldrop
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:00 AM »
I am getting a little older and hunting on the ground seems like a pretty good idea. I'm wondering about these 2 seats. Have any of you had experience with these 2 fairly expensive seats? Please feel free to compare. Thanks

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Huntmore vs Waldrop
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
I didn't think Huntmore 360 was made anymore. If it's the one I have, it's an excellent seat, but is heavy and takes a while to set up. Swivels, adjustable for height and uneven ground and very comfortable. Great for blind hunting, but I wouldn't want to carry it for run and gun type hunting, where the Waldrop would be much more compatible, I think.

Online Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »
Depend if you need to swivel or not. I like the light weight of the Waldrop but also like when they are not so light they tip over easy.

I dont mind 15 lbs on my back compared to the 30 lbs I am used to with a climber.

I think a guys needs 1 of each I like to ground hunt allot and its good to have options based on terrain, weather, etc.

I dont think Huntmore is made anymore I talked to the owner at Kalamazoo 3 years ago at my booth and sounded like he retired.
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
Chad is correct Huntmore isn't being made anymore but I bought one about 8 or 10 years ago after a few messages back and forth with Mike Mitten and how it kept his Dad comfortable and seated.
 I love the Huntmore 360 and built like a tank and once you figure out and use it a lot you get a system down can put it together quickly.
  Not the lightest seat but a mile or so into the woods isn't a problem cause it has a nice duffel bag with it and carry's like a back quiver .
  Now I am waiting to see what Chad is developing    :rolleyes:

Online Dennis Allman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
Both are great seats, but you are not comparing apples to apples. I have both, I also have some major back issues, and they have helped me to keep hunting.

I do not usually break the Huntmore down, I use it in pop-up blinds and ground blinds that I leave in place for longer lengths of time.

The Waldrop is a jewel! I have a small day pack on it, and the weight is a non issue, it is so light. Can be set-up in so many ways. And very comfortable. I bought a second one about a year ago, just to be safe. Had a Huntmore stolen, do not want to be without. Just saying.

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »
Thanks--Guys! Dennis--I have some knee problems, and I'm a little worried about the Waldrop's height and   its back support angle. I'm concerned that I might get too comfy and have to move a lot to get in shooting position.

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 11:45:00 AM »
I agree with Dennis.  I have both and use them for different situations as Dennis does.

I would add another seat for your consideration, the G100 Millenium blind chair/seat.  I use it as a replacement for the Huntmore which gathers dust most of the time, now.

Lighter and more comfortable than the Huntmore.  More comfortable, for me than the Waldrop as well.  I’ve had multiple back surgeries and have found nothing more comfortable than the G100.  It weighs in at about 7#.  With comfort comes the ability to sit really still.  I believe I see more deer now using the Millenium because I’m moving less.

I use my Waldrop in new areas where I’m scouting as much as hunting.  I find a good spot, set up for 2-3 hours and then move on.  Kind of a lazy man’s version of spot and stalk, except I’m sitting down while spotting.  The Waldrop can double as a pack frame and is often the seat I take in cold weather since it’s easy to strap on the winter gear.  Only downside is the lack of swiveling.  Don’t know about you, but whenever I pick a ground blind spot, I usually find I’m on the wrong side of the tree I picked as a backstop.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
I own both...hunt strictly from the ground and typically get in a hundred hunts a year.

I prefer the waldrop.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Dennis Allman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 04:17:00 PM »
Mike

I am a heavy-weight and have had both knees replaced, I can stand up out of the Waldrop with no problem/trouble.

And like George, I use it as a cripple man`s version of spot and stalk.

Dave increased the height, and yes you can get comfortable. When I get comfortable, I can sit still for longer periods of time, you will see more game.

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 04:44:00 PM »
Thanks--Guys! I probably will get the Waldrop. If my wife isn't looking, I might get the Millennium (looks and sounds interesting), also. So much for thinning out my hunting and fishing "stuff".

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
I have both and use both. The Waldrop Pac seat gets the most use because of its portability. If I am looking for a place to set up, the Waldrop is the ticket. If I'm heading to a known ground blind for  a lengthy sit, I'm more likely to take the Huntmore. I've had both for several years. This past October I got David Waldrop to send me his latest version of the Pac Seat.  It is a litte taller than the original, which I really like. Now I have two. Should be set for a while.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »
I have the smaller Huntmore and it is not that heavy at around 10#. I can set it up quickly and the silent swivel feature is great.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline stillhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:00 AM »
I need a swivel seat and like my millennium. Easy to set up,well built ,quiet, light and expensive.Hunted without a swivel quite a bit and would not go back. After sitting a season in it it is worth the price.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 07:49:00 AM »
I really like the Millenium. It is simple, rugged, comfortable, light weight, adjusts for uneven ground easily, and quietly SWIVELS... Getting both the Waldrop & Millenium is a great idea.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
The G100 shows a weight of 23lbs. Tha waldrop is lite but does not swivel. Choices, choices!  I now use a bucket with a swivel seat, but not easy to use on unlevel ground. The G100 and waldrop need to breed and have an offspring
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 11:44:00 AM »
I have an old Huntmore...boat anchor. Too heavy, too noisy. It is comfy, and the big feet are a plus. But, IMO you would be much better off with a Millenium. Lighter, easier and faster to put together, and very comfortable.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »
The Huntmore weighs just over 7 pounds.  My 65 year old wife has no problem with hers.  It is very versatile and quiet, but they are gone.  I use a nifty seat for still/sit hunting.  I strap it, assembled, to my draw arm side horizontally with a long Walmart stretchy belt.  When I know where I am going, I use a Grizzly strap tree seat if I know a suitable tree is handy, if not, I use my Huntmore.  Being able to swivel is very important to me, in many situations.  Some hunting seats may feel and sit more like a laid back lawn chair, comfortable, but when  a deer comes in you need to pry your butt out of the lounge position and get into shooting position.  With my nifty seat, i quite often have cloth covered butt pad snapped to my belt.  That sucker comes with a price because it can turn a lump or a fallen tree branch into the most comfortable pillow you ever slept on.  I wish I could sleep in my own bed as good I can in the woods.

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 04:12:00 PM »
Ricky,
Not sure where the 23 pounds you mention for the G-100 comes from.  Mine weighs 7.5 pounds which is what the Millenium literature I have quotes.  Also checked Midway and their catalog also says 7.5 pounds.  The Waldrop is even lighter.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »
I think the 4 pound Waldrop seat would work fine in many situations.  Even on gentle slopes it is often possible to dig a level trench so it sits level.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »
You didn't ask about the Millennium, but since others have mention ed it, I'll chime in, too.  Of course, it's still being made and is readily available.  It's a bit bulky for packing around, but sets up quickly and easily, also has adjustable legs and can adjust the height, and it swivels.  Very comfy as well.  I prefer it over my 360.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©