3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Cheyenne????  (Read 562 times)

Offline Krex1010

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Cheyenne????
« on: February 25, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »
I’m thinking about adding a shorter recurve to my bow rack. My draw length is 27” so I’m thinking a shorter recurve May work out for me.....I like bear recurves and I’m comfortable with the prices.....there’s a ton of info on the k mag and that bow is in the mix but I’m curious about the Cheyenne. It’s a nice looking bow and a little longer than the k mag but still a handy size for hunting. I’m having trouble finding much info on this bow though......does anyone have one? Or have any significant experience with the Cheyenne?  On a cosmetic note...in some pics it looks like they have brown glass and some it looks like black glass limbs, but I can’t tell for sure...an answer to that question would also be appreciated.....
"You can't cheat the mountain pilgrim"

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cheyenne????
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »
I actually thought of getting one also.
word of caution though. Most websites have the picture of the rocky mountain elk edition.
However that's not the one they are selling.
Slickhead

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
Been wondering the same thing...  Big Jim sells both Bear models.  Give him a call and ask his opinion. I have a couple 70s Kmags which shoot pretty good, but are about maxed out at 28.5".  At 27" you should be fine with either, with the Cheyenne a little more forgiving.
CoilSpring

Offline marsh chicken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
I bought one from Big Jim on a special a couple years ago. I love the bow and could not believe it was that nice of a shooter and a really good looking bow for the price. It performs just as good as some of the custom's I have that were several times the price. Don't think you will be disappointed.

Offline Krex1010

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas.....the Cheyenne doesn’t seem to be that popular so it’s been hard to find any info on it....love me super k and my longbows but I’m kinda wanting something That may be a touch easier from a ground blind.
"You can't cheat the mountain pilgrim"

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »
I think the Cheyenne lacks the popularity of the rest of the Bear line due to the fact that it never had any connection to Fred or the company when he owned it. It was designed by Neil Byce and his dad, Neil, who worked for Fred for many years.  The son now carries on the tradition at Bear as head honcho of the trad line.  Great little bow.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »
Only Bear bow I owned that I didn't like,just didn't like the way it felt on the shot. Tried to like it but ended up trading it I believe.
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©