3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pearson Cougar  (Read 498 times)

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Pearson Cougar
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
Well, I traded my Wesley Special for a Kodiak Hunter. In the meantime, I put a new string on my Pearson Cougar 7050 that I rescued a while back from someone who was going to scrap it and wow. What an underrated, simple bow. That 62” really does melt back and still deliver my 160 grain tipped woodies with some sass. I’m super excited about the Kodiak, but in the meantime I’m going to have a blast from the past with this one. I always thought it’d be a dog so it’s just hung there like an orphan. Ha!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pearson Cougar
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:14:00 PM »
no doubt about it.    :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:00 PM »
I hunted with a BP Cougar for a couple of years way back.......55# and really launched a 600 gr. Cedar arrow.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:00 PM »
Wow.  I am currently restoring one for a friend (it belonged to his grandfather).  I had to repair a tip, plug holes, and I actually added some tip overlays to it.  The finish is literally drying as I type this. I got a new Dacron string from a sponsor.  Looking forward to shooting it.  62" 45# @28.

You all think it would be ok to shoot with a 30" draw?

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:01:00 AM »
KSDan, I think so, if only because of the length.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
When I was a kid and was running around with a Bear Little Bear RC my friend showed up day after Christmas with a brand new 40# Cougar. It was the wrong hand for me and more than any of us could handle at the time but boy was I jealous! That Cougar was the first hunting bow I ever saw.

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 07:44:00 PM »
One of the most underrated ever in my opinion.

Online Joe2Crow

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »
I haven't shot a BP Cougar but I do have a number of BP bows in good hunting weights, 55-60# and I really enjoy them.  Mustang, Razorback, Stallion, Hunter, Javelina, Mercury Hunter.  I love em all. Great bows for the money.

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
I had a 64" 40# Cougar, bought new, in 1965.  It was my first good bow, after a wood beginner's longbow and a 35# fiberglass recurve.  It had white fiberglass limbs, and light, sort of cream-colored riser wood in the arrow rest area . I would paint the limbs with green, brown and black finger paint at hunting season. I never killed anything with it, but the mention of a Pearson Cougar brings back fond memories.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 09:53:00 PM »
I restored a couple that I gave away. One to my Dad and one to a new shooter I helped learn, agree on the smoothness. Kinda want one for myself now ; )
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©