3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Orleans hogs?  (Read 691 times)

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New Orleans hogs?
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:28:00 PM »
I am going to accompany my wife to New Orleans in May. She will be at a conference for four days and then we are going to spend a few days together. While she is off at here conference I would love to go hog hunting. Does anyone have any suggestions for where to go or what guides to use?
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Orleans hogs?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:00 PM »
Not sure what the hog opportunities might be but Bayou Sauvage is a NWR in New Orleans you might phone personnel that can answer some questions in the event you strike out finding a guide service. It's a pig lookin place as you drive by! Best wishes

Offline TwoArrows22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the help!
RIPBD
Wild Horse Creek Hawk
Java Man Falcon

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »
I may or may not be able to put you on some hogs at two of my camps in central Louisiana if you can get a few days off.Hogs move quite a bit in search of food so it may take a while to find them.My camps are about 3or 4 hours from New Orleans in central La.Let me know if intrested.Kip

Offline JLeMieux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
Pearl River WMA is close and full of hogs. The problem is hogs can only be taken incidental to what's in season on public land. If spring squirrel season is in, you can hunt hogs then with any weapon legal for small game. I don't remember if broadhead are legal for squirrel but I think so. Also, I have no idea if Pearl River has a spring squirrel season.

Bogue Chitto and Big Branch Marsh NWR's are also close,  but not sure on their seasons either.
Acadian Woods TD Recurve 58 @ 28
Acadian Woods Recurve 55 @ 28
Acadian Woods Tree Stick 60 @ 27
Acadian Woods Tree Stick 47 @ 28
Martin Hunter Recurve 50 @ 28

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kip:
I may or may not be able to put you on some hogs at two of my camps in central Louisiana if you can get a few days off.Hogs move quite a bit in search of food so it may take a while to find them.My camps are about 3or 4 hours from New Orleans in central La.Let me know if intrested.Kip
Well that’s a generous offer from a veteran tradganger.     :notworthy:

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »
Pearl River WMA is close and full of hogs. The problem is hogs can only be taken incidental to what's in season on public land. If spring squirrel season is in, you can hunt hogs then with any weapon legal for small game. I don't remember if broadhead are legal for squirrel but I think so. Also, I have no idea if Pearl River has a spring squirrel season.

Bogue Chitto and Big Branch Marsh NWR's are also close,  but not sure on their seasons either.

For squirrels, you can not use a broadhead.. one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard..
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©