3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite glove?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
Favorite glove?
« on: March 17, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
Well looking for a new glove.   I have tried the howard hill and american leathers crossover.  Not a fan of the hard nylon inserts.  Can't personally get a good deep hook with them.   Also tried the american leathers big shot  with the soft nylon on the outside.   Better than the others but it still gives me issues.

Honestly I shoot best with my cheap Neet leather glove and damascus but  both a bit too thin for my liking.   So...  recommendations on a glove with good protecting but still good string feel?

Was thinking the dura glove or bodnik speed glove as options.

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite glove?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
I shot dura gloves for 6 years and switched to American leathers.  Recently shot a bearpaw speed glove and liked it!
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
I shoot a Neet calf hair. It doesn't offer great protection,and they wear out pretty quick,but it's the only one I can consistently shoot good with.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »
The Dura-glove sounds like what you want. Been using them for years, they last a while. I also like the black, fleece-lined Bear Paw for cooler weather, same feel. I have a large Dura-glove I'll send you to try if that's your size. A little too small for my meat hooks, ha.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
I shoot with a tab these days, but before I switched to a tab I used a Duraglove, and if I decided to use a glove again, that’s the one I would go back to.  It has more protection than a Damascus, but less than American Leathers.  Nice compromise.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Online Rough Run

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 04:33:00 PM »
A Legacy Leathers kangaroo is my favorite.  Slightly thicker than a Damascus, but not too thick. Good protection. Kangaroo is very durable, and wears well - 2 years on mine and still looks and feels great.  All the others I've tried are in a box with 2 brand new Legacy kangaroos, bought for spares.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 05:47:00 PM »
Bearpaw/Kustom King Black Glove (cordura), Big Jim sells same one with his name/brand on it.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline BHall

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 06:11:00 PM »
American Leathers Kangaroo crossover is the best I’ve used.  I shot the Big Shot for years but when I dropped draw weight I had no need for a thick glove.  The Kangaroo shoots like a tab for me.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »
3Rivers dura glove for me.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Joe2Crow

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »
I like Big Jim's glove. Thick enough to use with heavier bows but soft enough to still feel the string. It does develop a groove eventually so I buy a new one every year at Denton Hill.

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
I like the classic Neet gloves with the seam pulled up on top of the finger. This makes a good obvious point for anchoring.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/cordovan-traditional-archery-shooting-glove.html
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »
I shot the Dura-glove for a number of yrs, but everyone started to split on the stitching on the inside of my index finger. I bought a BearPaw speed glove(actually 3) and it was a little stiff when I first put it on, I just soaked it a few minutes in warm water and wore it dry that was about 4yrs ago. I am still on my first glove, they are made of water buff hide I believe, and they are awesome.

Offline Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 10:29:00 PM »
Dura glove. For me they wear like iron, are comfortable and provide enuf protection. I shoot split fingers and low 50's draw weight. I found the finger stalls on non-damascus style gloves had a tendency to turn on my fingers. This glove doesn't.
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 10:44:00 PM »
I tried a dura glove this year and like it, shoot better with the widow pdq glove but the are thick leather

Offline M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 11:28:00 PM »
America Leathers Kangaroo leather crossover. Going on 3 years now, no stretch from the hot weather, no groove worn in tips from string. I shoot bows from 45-60#’s with no issues with sore fingers yet thin enough to feel the string.

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by McDave:
I shoot with a tab these days, but before I switched to a tab I used a Duraglove, and if I decided to use a glove again, that’s the one I would go back to.  It has more protection than a Damascus, but less than American Leathers.  Nice compromise.
Exactly where I am at.  Hope this helps.
homebru

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 06:04:00 AM »
Look at a Bateman XLGC glove, expensive but I several years on mine with no signs of wear, cordovan tips.

Also  cut the threads between the liner and outside leather on your Howard Hill glove and you can pull the insert out with needle nose pliers.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 07:03:00 AM »
Bearpaw Speed Glove. There some great gloves out there now a days. I tried a few but have found the Speed glove gives the slickest release. Don't have a chromo but it wouldn't surprise me if they shoot a couple fps faster than others.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mikolay87

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 09:23:00 AM »
I shoot tabs now but I shot gloves when I started and my favorite was the bear paw speed glove. I ordered a bunch and I only ended up using one before I switched to tabs. They last a long time
All Lefties!!!
60” Big Jim’s Desert Bighorn 37@28
56" Toelke Lynx Recurve 50,46,54@27
60” Primal Tech Recurve 35@28
64" Toelke Lynx Longbow 38,47,51@27
64” Impala supreme 37@28

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »
test

Users currently browsing this topic: