INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bamboo backed static build along  (Read 22850 times)

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bamboo backed static build along
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
John....don't let the pics fool ya.  He wore me out walkin' back and forth to his tiller tree!!!

The man has a keen eye for tillerin though.  I had to lie a few times and tell him that I could see the problem spots too.  I didn't want to look like a fool (which is why I asked him not to post the pic of me in my boots!!!)
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Offline farmerboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »
hey rocdoc what is wrong with your boots.  i think horseapple has not ever seen a real working mans boots. oil feild is serious work.....

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »
I must say you're doing a heck of a job on posting and noting JD. A superb pictorial!
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »
Thanks farmerboy.....I don't think it's the boots so much as the way my pants are tucked into them :-)  Hey, it's muddy at the rig!

Gotta have those steel toes working on the rig....even my houseshoes are steel toed.
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Offline Todd O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »
J.D.
       Looks like you have come a long way since I stopped teaching you a few years ago. I hope to get up there tommorow, and give you some pointers. The bow looks great !!!!!!

Love,
                     your long lost pupil.....

Offline farmerboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »
rocdoc, i think the pants in the boots are cool thing, i were mine like that sometimes. as you can tell by my name i was raised on a farm.......one thing about oil feild it is always a mess, i know i worked on a rig for two summers.  hard work!!!!!!!!!!

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »
Dadburnit Farmerboy, you spell worse than me:) I've wore out more steel toes than you've had shoes:)  I pan on scraping the rind off the boo this weekend and adding the tip overlays... that is if it gets above freezing:)

JD

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »
Todd by the sound of you adding weight I might not recognize you  :D

Offline Todd O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »
MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT !!!!!!!

BY THE WAY DID'NT YOU TURN 40 IN NOVEMBER ????

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »
we'll talk about this tommorrow:) and yes you look very nice at a measly 212#   :bigsmyl:

Offline Todd O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
I forgot how sensitive toy are. For those of you who have never seen him he is very handsome and athletic. My wife thinks he looks just like Sam Elliot. I look foward to tommorow it's been along time!!!!

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2004, 12:36:00 AM »
Man....I'd give anything to ONLY weigh 212# again!  

Sam Elliot!!!!

Offline Charlie - SA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »
JD, not only can you make bows but you put together a fantastic tutorial.  Man, think of all the aw $@#%s, 'nother peice of wood please, start overs, etc you've minimized for folks like me by putting this together.  Thanks so much.
Are you going to show some of the handle wrap stuff?  I appreciate you sharing how you do it last summer in Fort Worth, I'd like to see some pictures if possible, beg, grovel, please ,etc  :D  

Charlie - SA

Offline farmerboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
dadburnit horseapple you talk about my spelling. you PAN on working on bows today. what the crapt is PAN oh well have fun and don't freeze in your shop. if you can't get that fire started let me know i will have to come over and start it and keep it going so yall can work on bows today.  good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »
JD....did you take the weekend off, or did you and Todd down a few cold ones and impair your ability to use the computer?

I'll be patiently waiting for the continued education.

Offline Todd O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2004, 02:36:00 AM »
The computer would'nt have been much of a problem. I was worried about the bandsaw !!!!!

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »
Didn't even think about the power tools Todd!  Maybe JD's wife should've unplugged them all and installed those childproof plugs in the outlets;-)

Offline Todd O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
I was just kidding. We were'nt able to get together last night. Being new to this site I would'nt want everyone thinking I'm some kind of bad enfluence on Joe Don. You know that old saying about a " First impression being a last impression"....

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
Alright guys, got the bow coming round pretty good, all that needs being done to finish is the staining, inking and gluing on the handle wrap... its been pretty fun but is quite the chore having to remember to take pictures at each process:) link is for page 10 to the end

JD

http://groups.msn.com/Horseappleswebpage/bamboobackedstaticrecurve.msnw?Page=10

Offline Todd O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »
You ruined the suprise about the bow being for Christy !!! Guess I'll have to leave the weight where its at and keep this one for me. Man I hate to have another bow for myself !!!!!! Oh well, she'll probably never use it. Just like the new Ruger pistol I got HER for christmas last year...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©