3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Narrow'n 'em down on Public Land  (Read 302 times)

Offline always89

• Trad Bowhunter
Narrow'n 'em down on Public Land
« on: November 10, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
Well, we made it back out to our highly pressured little chunk of public land heaven today. Got out in the canoe at o'dark:30 this morning, and made the 1.5 mile treck back to the hardest to get to island that we can find.

We were welcomed by a sign some otheer "hunter" had posted that read " to the hunter that this pertains to, you destroyed my tripod stand (how he got a tripod stand back there boggles my mind) and you stole some accessories, and hunted over bait. you know who you are and so do I, you forgot to smile for the trail camera".

Well, now im worried that some disgruntled hunter is going to take his agressions out agianst my canoe, but what can you do.

So, it iss close to another .5 mile walk to the place we have had our eye on for the last little while

Finally, we managed to get Jonathan all strapped up in his tree. Great spot, good trail in the front and a couple of producing persimmon trees around him.

Then its off to find myself a tree to shimmy up. Finally, after running around like a lost kid, I settle for a random tree, for no other reason than I wanted to be in the thing before the day was gone!!

After sitting pirched and wet, (raining and wind was a'howlin!) I decided to get down and scout about. Low and behold, I made my way to the very furthest, least likely to hold deer spot I could find, and here is what I found!

So, we packed up, and high tailed it out of there, hopefully to return on Monday, tides and wind dependant!

Needless to say, I think we know where to hunt now. Im thinking that with this much activity, there has to be a limited amount of pressure in this area. What do you guys think?

Offline jimneye

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Narrow'n 'em down on Public Land
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
I think all that effort will get rewarded. Good luck.
I've hunted almost every day of my life.....the rest were just wasted

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
I always wanted to try there.  Hog Island right?
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline always89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
No Sir Evith, Ragged Island

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©