Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Gold Tip 55/75 questions  (Read 1139 times)

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
Gold Tip 55/75 questions
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
I bought some 55/75's recently and was just wondering what the best adhesive/glue everyone is using to secure the screw in adapters, and can you just push them in to secure them good enough until you are done bareshafting them.  Just haven't used carbons in years, so if the question seems odd forgive me.  Thanks for any and all help, Mark  :confused:    :smileystooges:    :readit:
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline bubinga

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gold Tip 55/75 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
Goat Tuff works well, but when there glued in then they are there to stay.  I have had 3 different sets of GT's where the nocks seemed a little small.  During bareshafting I just put a small piece of plastic wrap over the end of the arrow and wedged the insert in there.  Hope this helps.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
I've heard that teflon tape used to seal waterpipes works for testing, but I haven't tried it yet.  For final installation, I use the same hot melt glue used for aluminum inserts.  I put a dab on the threads of the weights and on the sides of the weights and inserts.  Then if you want to take it apart, you just dip the arrow tip into boiling water for 10-20 seconds.  In the past, I've used the same thing for testing, but with just a small dab of hot melt to hold things together.  That works well too, but probably not as fast to change things as teflon tape would be.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys.  I really appreciate the help!
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline mrfritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
I started using Goat Tuff recently after several years of Goldtip only shooting.  So far it's the best option I've found.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©