Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Lets get better together(Pics Added)......  (Read 2692 times)

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lets get better together(Pics Added)......
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
And finally 40 yards. This is another typical group. Sometimes better sometimes worse.

Offline fredbear1969

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
i sold my compound last spring and bought a recurve i shot all summer to be prepared for deer season.well about 3 weeks before deer season i cracked and my confidence went down and i bought a compound to hunt with.now i am back to stay with the stick bow.i was punished during deer season for buying the compound by not getting a shot a mature deer the entire season.now its back to the drawing board and practice,practice and i will be hunting with my bow this season.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 04:20:00 AM »
FB69, I would take the first deer that comes along to boost your confidence in your trad gear. once you see it happen yo'll never go back to a compound.
 I have given up on shooting cans in my yard since my first post. I have been scouting a new property lately. So I do a lot of stumping now. Been having a blast. Up to about 20-25 yards I have been hitting things like pine cones and small wood pecker holes in dead tree trunks. Also been killing some small stumps out at 30-35. The more I shoot, the better I get, the more I love shooting.  :jumper:   This thread is a good inspiration. Let's get better together. yeah, I'm doin' that.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Im in too shot tonight..... I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »
Well, im in too. Today I shot today and my first shots haven't been great at all it seems it takes me several shots before I get in to my form its seriously like I go to sleep and im a noob by morning I forget everything until I shot about 12 arrows then I start to come in and I hate that. Like ive been saying I feel I shoot better on stumps and leaves then I do a bullseye I think because I wont be hunting bullseyes and I still cannot hold an anchor to save my life if I do I panic and jerk my arm or something stupid.

Its getting to the point im ready to wrap my bow around a tree I cant complain that I shoot bad because I dont once I fling them 12 arrows but I just want to be able to wake up and pack them right in there like Terry does. In my mind I can see my just shooting awesome then I go out and shoot and them dreams go away. What am I do doing wrong!? Should I be holding my anchor or just stick with my snap shooting?
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 04:17:00 AM »
2Blade, I'm sure snap shooting is fine. Lot's of great shooters do that. Just concentrate on that spot. It all comes together with practice, practice, practice. You can make up an excersizer out of surgical tubing to strengthen up while you are watching TV. Just draw the tubing like your bow and hold it as long as you can. If you are sick of target shooting, try making some styrofoam squirrels to shoot at. A small rectangle of foam and some stick legs.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »
Thanks Jerry ill give that a try I wanted to spice up my shooting by taking a bag target and throwing it over a tree limb a good distance 20ft up or so with a rope to pull it up so I can get use to shooting up just for fun.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
2 blade I have been getting tired of shooting the same old foam target too. I went to the garage looking for something else I could shoot at. I found 4 or 5 old duck decoys. I set them at different yardages all around the back yard and shot at them off the deck. Man that was fun. I figured if I could hit a duck decoy out to about 30 yards I should not have a problem hitting a deer come Fall. I will post some pictures later.

Offline BLACK WOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
Snap Shooting may work at close distances but at further distances I think most archers would be better off learning to hold at a solid anchor for at least a split second.

There are a few who can snap shoot accurately at close distance but the majority of accurate archers hold at a their anchor for a split second or longer.

If you need to re-learn good solid form...extensive blank bale shooting is where it's at.

There isn't a practice session that goes by that I don't do some blank bale shooting to engrain my form and rythem.

Ray  ;)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
Black Wolf, I'll have to refer to Terry's video again , and these posts.
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002994;p=2

Offline BLACK WOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
Jerry,

As far as I can tell Terry and Howard aren't snap shooting. They are reaching their full draw and releasing upon contact.

As far as I understand snap shooting is not reaching full draw, so I'm not quite sure what you are trying to tell me.

Ray   ;)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
Not actually trying to tell you any thing, just trying to hook you up with the snap shoot video link. Guess I posted the wrong one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©