Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: The joy of a good bareshaft  (Read 980 times)

Offline Txjourneyman

• Trad Bowhunter
The joy of a good bareshaft
« on: March 01, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
Yesterday after work I put a new flemish string on the Darton recurve. I put a nock ring on and started shooting. I fiddled with brace height until it was shooting at its quietest and then started to play with the nock point. After moving it around a bit I got a bareshaft to shoot straight and true for the first time in my trad endeavors. YAHOOOOOO! I then shot 3 fletched arrows and the bare shaft. They grouped very well. Again, YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I finally have a well tuned bow. I am a happy man today and look forward to getting my '54 Bear Cub tuned as well now.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The joy of a good bareshaft
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Tex I too got great joy shooting out of shooting a bare shaft yesterday finally for the first time in my trad years. Always shot my longbow with wood and never thought it necessary to paper tune as long as they hit where I aimed.
I wanted to give carbon a try so I paper tuned a bare shaft and shot bullet holes.  Put 3- 5 1/2" shield feathers and got the best grouping I ever had.
Great feeling, thou I feel I have betrayed my woodie friends , but it's only with one of my bows.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©