Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: 3D Arrow selection  (Read 999 times)

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
3D Arrow selection
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
Being new to tradtional, but not 3d. Since crossing over from compound to trad, I am second guessing my arrow selection.
I am currently shooting cedar arrows, I love the way they fly (mind you I am not the guru like some here pertaining to traditional archery) the look and the smell.

Heres my problem..durability!

I have a strange feelin that if I miss the cedars aint gonna make it through. So even though my feelings are leaning toward cedar, should I opt for something else?

Yes this is the competive side instilled from me being a compound 3D shooter   :knothead:  

Thank you
Dave

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3D Arrow selection
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
I've shot 3-D and I liked cedar arrows.They hold up well unless it deflected off a tree or hit a rock.But just missing a target didn't always mean a broken arrow.Alot depended on where you shoot and the rules they follow.When I shot IBO rules required wood arrows for a traditional longbow class.Recurves were in a different class and you could shoot wood,alumnium or carbon.These were the rules if you want to compete for trophies.But you can shoot what you want for fun and not turn in a score.If you want to compete just ask them what are the rules,most clubs have some rules for competiton.

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3D Arrow selection
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
For me 3-D shoots are more for practice then competition,so I shoot whatever I'll be hunting with. Leland

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©