Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Squaring up to the target  (Read 1123 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Squaring up to the target
« on: March 08, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Maybe this is elementary to some of you guys but thought I would pass it on to others. I saw the overhead picture of a guy at full draw and how his shoulders were in line with the arrow. When shooting today I lined my feet and shoulders up to the target. Then I extented my bow arm at the target, while keeping aligned, and came to anchor. I noticed my right eye was over the arrow and I felt "square" to the target. My shooting improved today. I felt much more solid. I hope this helps someone else that might be too open with their stance or short drawing the bow. This will definitely help your draw length consistancy too.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Squaring up to the target
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
snag ive done the same thing recently using terry greens clock for shoulder alignment and have seen improvement .the other night i started shooting to the left and thought i was aligned right.seems  my shoulder was to the left so i started pushing my shoulder toward the target and it straightened right up.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
Cool, I thought I was the only one!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
Snag, don't feel like you necessarily have to line your feet up to the target.  The important thing is to line up your shoulders to the target.  Many archers like to stand with their feet in a slightly open position, which would normally put your shoulders pointing to the left of the target, and some go on to shoot quite well with their shoulders parallel to their feet.  However, if you shoot better with your shoulders square to the target, as I do, you can pivot your body at the waist and knees so that your shoulders are square to the target, with your feet in a variety of different positions.  This gives you the same stability as if your feet were square to the target.  Nothing wrong with your feet being square to the target, but in hunting situations, or in 3D competitions, you can't always choose where to put your feet.  But you can generally pivot and square up your shoulders.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©