Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: How's my alignment, fellas?? (PIcs)  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
How's my alignment, fellas?? (PIcs)
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
Ok guys...I have been trying to iron out any wrinkles in my form (got a big shoot coming up in my home state of Gawgia and I'd like to not totally embarass myself!!)

I am very interested in what advice Terry Green, JC, and Rod Jenkins as well as any other input any of you other folks may have to offer.

Terry, I have been comparing my form at full draw to the picture imposed on the clock that you had posted on here previously and it seems that my alignment may be off a bit.

I started looking at my alignment after I noticed a lot of noise on release.  I thought that I may be hitting my bow arm with the string so I took my armguard off to see.   YEAH!  Definitely hitting my bow arm (ouch!).  Any suggestions on straigtening this out???  

I am thinking that my release may have something to do with it.  When I am shooting with my eyes closed at close range and really concentrating on back tension and clean release, I don't seem to hit my arm.        :knothead:  

Here's a sideview shot:

Alright guys!!  Lay it on me!

Thanks in Advance for any help offered!!

C

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How's my alignment, fellas?? (PIcs)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
TTT

Anyone???

Offline Incognito

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Try tucking your thumb down in your hand and see if you can tell any differance.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
yep thumb behind ur ear might help ya..opps watch those arrows dont drop-em..  :)     :wavey:      :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Your boxer seems to approve , he seems very proud.
  I also keep my thumb out, just couldn't seem to tuck it in, but now I conform it around my cheek bone or lower orbital ridge and boom perfect allignment ,,pull thumb back  perpindicular to hand then bend at joint to go over ridge of cheek bone then place middle finger at corner of mouth , it also seem to put the arrow more in line with my view.. also try bending at waist and canting bow a little more to get it off your bow arm, worked for me.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Good eye, Strick9    ;)    

Yeah, that's my shooting buddy.  Most of the time he thinks it's fun to try and bark just before my release to distract me, or to try and take arrows out of my quiver    :rolleyes:

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
It looks to me like you are not quite getting on the back muscles.  Your drawing arm and elbow is at an angle to the right of the arrow.  If you could pull that elbow around just a little, that would line up and the back would take over. Everything else looks really good.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Molson:
It looks to me like you are not quite getting on the back muscles.  Your drawing arm and elbow is at an angle to the right of the arrow.  If you could pull that elbow around just a little, that would line up and the back would take over. Everything else looks really good.
Yeah I think you're right.  What I have been trying to do now is get back to anchor and then try to pull my elbow back just a little bit farther using just my back muscles .  It has taken alot of practice for me to be able to kinda isolate the back muscles to get that last little bit, but so far I feel like it has helped me have a much cleaner release.   :D

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
Haldir,
You said
I"t has taken alot of practice for me to be able to kinda isolate the back muscles to get that last little bit, but so far I feel like it has helped me have a much cleaner release"    :thumbsup:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
Looks pretty good........but the overhead pic needs to be higher and more centered.......and video would be best.

Any way you can get you shot filmed?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »
Maybe the elbow thing as suggested. Also suggested was bending at waist more and canting bow. My added suggestion is to keep hand open on the grip. Gripping always causes me to get slapped or shoot left.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
Yes sir, Mr. Green.  I may be able to get the wife to film for me, although it's probably gonnna require me to do a hefty amount of work in the flower garden   "[dntthnk]"

By the way, I just got back from the GA State Trad  Shoot.  The shoot was alot of fun, enjoyed the whole thing.  Got to shoot in my first coon shoot, and got to try my hand at wingshooting.  

Folks, let me tell ya....If you've never tried wingshooting, I highly reccomend you give it a go.  The gentlemen from HitchHiker (www.blueridgeoctober.com) were great and it was a BLAST.

I will try to get a video and post it tomorrow, Terry.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Colby, if you can't get her to get it on vid, drop by one afternoon and we'll shoot it at my house...an excuse to go stumpin too   ;)
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
Might try to open your stance alittle, and rotate your bow arm elbow out alittle. Hand position on the bow is also important. Just something you might try first without changing anchorpoint.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©