Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: full draw device  (Read 1157 times)

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter
full draw device
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
Is there a device that will let me know when/that I have achieved full draw that will work for hunting situations (Not a clicker)?
Monk

Offline Steve P

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: full draw device
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
Some folks like their arrows cut to the lenght that when full draw is reached the broadhead will touch the back of their finger. I'm not sure this would be considered a "device" , but it would be silent. That is if sound would be why you don't want to use the clicker.

Steve

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »
Howard Hill apparently did that.  My hunting partner uses a clicker.  He muffles it a little during hunting season.  Never had a problem with spooking game with it.

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »
i use a clicker for hunting. i just muffle it a little with some adhesive soft-side velcro and it's the last thing they hear before they are dead.

Offline nine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
Hi

What kind of cliker can you use with broahead ? How does that works ? any picture ?

thank in advance
Quand on voit ce que l'on voit, que l'on entend ce que l'on entend, on a raison de penser ce que l'on pense .. .. ..

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Nine, there are a couple that are very similar. The one I use is the Clickety Click, the other is the Cricket. I think BW sells one of them, and Three Rivers selss them both.

Basically they have a small piece of spring steel, attatched to your bow limb. From it runs a cord to your bowstring. You set it so when you are at full draw and apply back tension, it "clicks", then you immediately release.

I think it adds much more to my shooting than just a draw length check. It makes my focus and concentration much greater before the shot.

Offline nine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
Many thanks ( from France ) for this info I think I’ve heard about this but I didn’t know how it works. I use to order at 3 Rivers I will try this clicker soon.

:thumbsup:
Quand on voit ce que l'on voit, que l'on entend ce que l'on entend, on a raison de penser ce que l'on pense .. .. ..

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
I use 5.5" High Back shield feathers and turn the cock feather in. When I'm at full draw, the end of the hen feather slightly touches the corner of my mouth. If I don't feel the feather I use my back muscles to get that extra 1/4". This is my method of knowing I'm at full draw.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
Joe,

I use a very similar method.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©