Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Bow Quiver for 3-D?????  (Read 1632 times)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bow Quiver for 3-D?????
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
I have been a "Die-Hard" backquiver man for years. A few years back,I started using a Selway Slide-On Soft-Kote bowquiver for hunting,but I always took it off in the summer for 3-D. (I like to carry LOTS of arrows LOL)

My oldest son Kevin has decided to leave his on all year,and I'm kinda thinking the same thing.....

I was wondering.....Does anyone use JUST a bowquiver (and the arrows it holds) for 3-D?????

What do you do when you run out of arrows?????
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Quiver for 3-D?????
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
I personally do not care for bow quivers, and although there are several people in our club that shoot various bows with quivers on them,  the majority of us use some type of 3D quiver. But if I were you, and I was used to shooting with a bow quiver, then I would leave it on all the time so it wouldn't change the bow's balance and feel.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
I like bow quivers,they add alittle wgt. and balance to the bow to me.and to keep things the same all yr round I shoot 3-D w/mine on as I hunt w/it on.I use a BW GN and never found that shooting 3-D that 5 arras wasnt enough.There, ya went and jinxed me now  :banghead:  now that I said that,next shoot I go to there will go all 5.By the way you shoot Tri-County.

PETE
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
I have used a bow quiver for 3-D and it works good.  For me it depends on the bow I am using.  If I take my takedown recurve it has a bow quiver on it that never comes off.  So if I take that to the 3-D range then I use the quiver that is on it.  My other bows I almost always use a back quiver when shooting 3-D.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
Chuck,

Lke Pete, I normally use just a bowquiver for 3D.  The reasons being the same as Pete for weight and balance, but also because I use a bowquiver for hunting.  It just makes sense to use the same type of rig for 3D as you would hunt with.  At a normal 3d of 28-30 targets I've never felt undergunned.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
C'mon Scott.....If I shot like you and Pete.....

I'd come home with all of my arrows and I wouldn't be asking this question LOL    ;)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Hey Chuck!... Don't let Scott sell you a bill of goods...He has a 14 arrow bow quiver that he uses for 3D...  :p  ...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline shady_killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
I am new to this and young so I like back quiver so I can take alot of arrows. I shoot 3-D on sunday morings after a good saturday night    :knothead:  I use alot of arrows

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
i use a lakota quiver hold heaps of arrows if you need them.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »
I have used both a bow quiver back Quiver as well as a 3-d hip quiver and my two favorites are the bow quiver or if I am feeling unable to hit the broadside of a barn (happens a lot) Itake my plains style quiver it holds about 8-10 arrows and is long enough that if it rains my feathers don't get wet
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »
I use a bow quiver for hunting and keep it on for 3D. I'll use one arrow out of it then the others come out of my hip quiver. Kind of nuts, I know, but I figure that as close to first shot weight and balance and I've always been taught to shoot and tune the bow like it's the first shot on an animal. This year I've been pretty good at 3D and all my arrows have come back off the course with me. But I still carry a dozen or so just in case.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
Chuck,

If ya' need more arrows then use the bow quiver and an auxillary quiver.  A small back pocket quiver is ideal for carrying a few extras.  The point is that if you are committing to using a bow quiver for hunting, then use it for all your practice as well.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Thanks Scott!!!!! I think Kevin and I will try something differant this year.....

Instead of shooting for "score".....The first one to run out of arrows is the "LOOSER"!!!!!!!!!!

Or.....The one at the end with the most arrows WINS    :thumbsup:

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
I am like the others. I love my bow quiver for the reasons stated.  When I do 3d shoots I keep my bow quiver on, and leave one arrow out of it.  I then carry my shooting arrows in a lakota quiver or hip quiver.  
Derek
got arrows?

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
I often use a bowquiver on longbows for 3d.I just carry it for weight and keep the arrows I am shooting in my back pocket.I use a backquiver for carring a lot of arrows to the practice butts sometimes but never carry over 3 on the course.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »
I shoot a longbow & don't like a bowquiver on it. I use a backquiver & really like it I also hunt with a backquiver. I use the 3-D courses as training grounds to get the bugs worked out of my hunting rig. This is my method. Good luck. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
I love the backquiver for 3D's. But I am like others here, in that it is important to shot with your hunting setup. So, I have my bow quiver on the bow with a couple of flu-flus in it. But there is a certain satisfaction, for me, having the backquiver I made full of arrows I made.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©