Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Draw backs to pre cut feathers?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline KyleAllen

• Trad Bowhunter
Draw backs to pre cut feathers?
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
Ive been thinking of trying them for some time now. Im just tired of having to cut feathers and burn them. I really like the look of the 5.5" shields. Heres my quetion...is there enough feather there to give me perfect arrow flight off of my bob lee take down recurve? And no i do not bare shaft my bows. My window is also cut a bit further out than his regular bows. In other words my arrow sits closer to the edge of the shelf. Anybody use the precut shields out of 3rivers? All feedback appreciated.
thanks
kyle

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Draw backs to pre cut feathers?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:00:00 AM »
Plenty of feather with a 5.5 shield.  If your arrows fly good now, they'll fly as good or better with the shields.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
I suppose the only answer I can come up with is that if your bow is properly tuned then there's no need to put a lot of fletching on your arrows in order to get them flying well.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
I agree with Jason up to the point you put on a broadhead and venture out to the woods. High back feathers are much more visible under varying light conditions, do not hamper performance at hunting distances, and straighten out a broadhead fast when things don't go perfect.

Drawbacks? Sure. They get pushed around a little more in the wind and they can be a bit louder depending on the feather shape.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©