3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking For a Picture  (Read 791 times)

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking For a Picture
« on: November 11, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Well, try as I might, I just can't escape my redneck roots. I have been hunting with a longbow for several years now, and I've been thinking off and on about a new tattoo for about the same amount of time. I'd like to have the silhoutte of an archer at full draw on my bicep, but I just can't find the right picture to use. I don't want a fake, clip-art looking image, and I don't want a compound or recurve, I want it to be "anatomically correct". I've been all over Google Images trying to find something, and I just flat out can't. Does anybody know of anything that might fill the bill?
I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do anything with nothing in no time at all...

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking For a Picture
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
I've been trying to think of something along those lines also, good luck!
Bret M. FullER

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
back in the day black widow on the back of TBM used to have something like that in it's add on the back page.....i think

come to think about it....it was a guy sitting under a tree at full draw...wouldn't take much in Photoshop to black it out

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
Well... Why not try a picture of yourself?

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Yeah, there's an add in TBM right now with a guy at full draw, but one of the guys at our club already has that tattoo, so I can't use it. I was hoping to find something like a photo of Byron Ferguson or Howard Hill that I could put in greyscale and then dehance... I've found a couple of Ferguson that come close, but I just haven't had that "aha!" yet...
I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do anything with nothing in no time at all...

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
This might get you in the ballpark.

A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by mcgroundstalker:
Well... Why not try a picture of yourself?

... mike ...
Well you see Mike, I would, but Dreamworks might sue me for copyright infringement. I look an awful lot like Shrek  :D    :p

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Go thru Your old Magazines and find something You like or close to it. Any Tattoo artist worth the money can customize the picture to Your satisfaction.
Most Tattooers would rather do custom work over flair anyday. If the shop You pick isn't interested, Maybe Your in the wrong shop. Good luck bretto

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
Arco,
I forgot to mention, if you have a tattoo artist in mind. I would suggest talking to him with your ideas. I good tattooist should have no problem putting your ideas together, Then you would have a original custom piece.
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Brutus Hedgeapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Here's mine. I had my wife take a pic of me at fulldraw then traced it and modified it a bit.

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
alright alright enough arm twisting...I'll be your model...some hot buffalo wings and a draft bear should cover the cost....LMAO  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

I remember some of the martin adds....WHOAW I would look at those....yeah!!!

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Well Jeff, I don't really know you that well, but I gotta say I'm feeling a little leery at the outset. I'll keep that offer in mind though... Yeah, now I wouldn't mind spending some time looking at some of them Martin ads, we have the full size posters in the supply room up at the bowshop, and those ladies aren't exactly hard on the eyes...

Offline SouthMDShooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
any tattoo artist worth tattooing should be a able to draw you something up that will look great you might want to bring in your bow that way they can get a look at it everything. just my 2 cents...Curtis
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
I've always liked:

but you'd probably need to ask dean or jan permission  :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
That's pretty nice, and I'm finding lots like this that have some elements that I want, but I haven't found one yet that just jumps out and grabs me...

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

one of ole fred bear shooting would be cool

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 02:21:00 AM »
Yeah, I was wanting to find one of Fred Bear at full draw, and I spent a long time looking, but I never have found one I liked. That top image there is looking might good, too bad he's shooting with the wrong hand...

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
Better

Offline Arco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
That actually looks pretty sharp Jeff... I might just have to take this to the artist and use it as a starting point...

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Those are great pics, almost got me thinking about another myself. Those would look nice as an Avatar also, I've been looking for one for this site.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©