Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: H.Hill vs R.Welch vs R. Jenkins  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Tom A

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: H.Hill vs R.Welch vs R. Jenkins
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
I would bet there are many shooters out there that could out shoot the archery legends of the past. The problem is that trad shooters are now a small side class of archery rather than main stream and it is very hard for a recurve or longbow shooter to gain "legend" status anymore.

Many shooters win championships and shoots time and time again but are not recognized for there achievements like they would of been in the past.

Offline BLACK WOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
I totally agree with ya, Tom A, which I don't believe is taking away from anything those archers who have or recently achieved "legend" type status.

I believe there are at least a few unsung legends that are capable of surpasing the achievments of those that have achieved "legend' status...but the only way to achieve that kind of status is by participating in events that are viewed by a greater number of people.

Some just don't feel the need or desire to compete at that level.

Ray  ;)

Offline cvarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
How sad when all the great things Mr. Hill has done with a bow is now forgotten.They said no one has ever dominated one sport like Howard Hill has. His speed of shooting, his long range kills, his hits on running game,his under water shots on fish,Exhibitions at 3 worlds fairs and the White house,172lb pull plus.I say plus because he past the full 28" arrow mark and brought that arrow around to the other side of the bow.His winning the Hollwood part for Robinhood and intentionally splitting that arrow .Even John Shultz his student who can smoke an aspirin out of the air says he is not even close.Too bad hes not here to defend himself.My choice is Howard Hill.

Offline Buckscout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Some folks will never get it cvarcher.

Many have only heard vaguely about Howard Hill. If you read everything there is that is written about him, watch all the dvd's available of his actual shooting, and listen to those who shot with him that are still alive such as,John Shultz and Bob Wesley, and also those who were a little younger but that knew him,like his nephew Jerry Hill and Craig Ekin, you realize that a human being is not supposed to be able to do the things that Howard could do with a bow and arrow, and especially, with the pressure on.

There's still quite a few of us around that get it.  :D
Paul Williams

"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline cvarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
Amen!

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
I don't hear anything about Ricky or Rod having enough confidence to shoot fruit off of someones head or shooting robin hoods with wood arrows on command. Different time different place, but just like I would bet on Rocky in a Rocky Vs Clay fight, I will go with Howard
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
Gentlemen....this thread was surely started in good nature and not an attempt to "cull" any of these 3 fine genetlemen mentioned. However, to publicly imply that someone who has a different opinion about such a fanciful topic "doesn't get it" is bordering on disrespect. Each is entitled to his own views...but let's not make this personal.

I believe this thread has run it's course.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©