Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Trad Classifications  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad Classifications
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
TSP opened a thread on Trad classifications for a tournament and everyone who mentioned Primitive defined that as a self bow.  I don't want to hijack his thread, but want to ask, why would a wood-laminated bow not be considered primitive?  It's all wood, and while we may be using newer glues, it still seems to me be pretty primitive.  Just curious what others mays think.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Starkman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Classifications
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
The shoots I've attended, there are no primitive classifications, but some shoots have a selfbow category.  Depending on the shoot, most have 3-4 classifications for compounds, then a traditional class for all trad shooters.  Some break down the trad shooters into longbow and recurve, and some go further and add a modern longbow classification.  
It just depends on the club or organization that is hosting the shoot.
Bob
"You're never beaten until you admit it." - General George S. Patton, Jr

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 05:01:00 AM »
Nebraska state trad championship primitive cat. all wood no more than 3 lams, self nocking arrow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Looks like at least one organization thinks all wood laminated bows are primitive.
Personally, I'd not argue for or against including these as primitive, but am just curious how others feel.
Thanks for the responses.

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
In some of the traditional shoots that I shoot they have 2 classes for all wood. primitive & self bow. Prim. is backed with another wood,and self bow is one peice of wood. I really don't care as long as they use the same rules for everybody that shoots.  :D    :knothead:    :D
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:59:00 AM »
Thanks, Dave.  Looks like "primitive" is as open to interpretation as "traditional" is.  Just means you'd better get of a copy of the rules before you travel a long way to compete.  OR, just go to the shoot, have fun and don't worry about competing.  Both ways work!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©