Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: String Tracker's practice pays off  (Read 933 times)

Offline Pete Darby

• Trad Bowhunter
String Tracker's practice pays off
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Last Saturday I watched String Tracker give one of the finest examples of rising to the level of your competition that I have ever seen.  He barely qualified for the finals among 16 archers but when the smoke cleared he outshot all but one to win a very close second place.  Even if you weren't watching close, you knew something was going on when he got a standing ovation from the crowd with the first round (second round also).  Everyone was shooting big safe targets while he shot for the high value small areas.  He works hard on his archery and Saturday it paid off.
Pete Darby

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Tracker's practice pays off
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
well done string tracker

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
pete,

thanks for the words.  I was glad to have had your help on the last round spotting for me.  you are one of my favorite people on and off the ranges.  you were a big help to me in keeping me level headed.  when I noticed that I was heading into the final round ( shoot off ) I was all nervous.  after speaking to you I seemed to calm down and just shot arrow for arrow.  

I had read some local talk about my shooting and one person wrote that they were told my shooting was "in the groove".  I barely remember how i shot other than i did my best.  took my time. made every arrow count the best i could.  

You have helped me a few times in the past with giving me tips and letting me know when my form had gone to the wayside.  you are a great teacher and someone I would be honored to call "friend".

Brian

Offline Pete Darby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Well whatever you did, it was right.  All I did was take you out of the land of "what if" and put you back into the contest.  You put the arrows into the right spots to become a champion.  And you can always call me a friend but of course I am going to have to take you down a notch when we next shoot together :>)
Pete Darby

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »
LOL  bring it on Pete.  bring it on.  btw... wifes letting me buy couple dozen shafts.  looking at the ones you use the hilderbrand.  found an arrow maker who only uses those shafts.  and looking at Whispering Wind at thiers also since he uses hexpine

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©