Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Stump shooting in France  (Read 771 times)

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Stump shooting in France
« on: June 28, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
I visited a campsite in Brittany in France (close to Normandy where D-day was) where we stayed 11 years ago. At that time there was a very nice archery range set out on a golf range where people could shoot almost every day under the guidance of an instructor. So we went there again taking my bow with me assuming to shoot on that range.
When we got there; no archery range anymore which was a big disappointment for me as this was one of the reasons to go to that campsite again.
Being inventive, I made a small target out of a stack of old newspapers and card board wrapped with tape and that worked out fine. Also I went out a few times for stump shooting in the sequoia forest near by.

V-Archer   :archer:  

"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stump shooting in France
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
Cool pics, were your arrows easy to pull from that stump? Looks kinda hard lol.

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stump shooting in France
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Indeed a hard sequoia stump. I must say it was not quite easy but the arrows could be pulled out without damage.
  :archer:
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©