Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: a couple groups  (Read 1003 times)

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
a couple groups
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »
Thank you guys and gals on Trad Gang for having such good advice and willing to help people, I sure appreciate it.

Here's two groups I shot today from 20 and 25 yards.

WHAT? you couldn't tell that the target has a painted hog on it????? lol I'm no artist PLUS the carpet layers moved around and messed it up too. just FYI

I'm shooting a Damon Howatt Hunter 50# at 28" (I draw at least 29") with Carbon Express Heritage 350's.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: a couple groups
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
I still can't shoot consistently at 25 yards...and I certainly am not an artist...so no critique of your hog!  Doesn't look very tasty, though!  :biglaugh:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
Nice group, but to be honst those 350's have to be way stiff for that set-up unless ya have 375 grains up front and they are full length. You should be shooting a 150 cut to 30"s and 150-175 up front out of that bow. A flecthed shaft hides  alot. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Greywolfy/U.P. of Mi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »
Very,very good groups!  And I agree with SOS, the pig looks like it'd be tough eating.  Lots of fiber though!

If you're not already doing it, a good way to practice is to change your distance to the target with every shot.  Take a shot then move back 5 yards.  Take that shot then move in 10 yards....you get the picture.
"It's not about you." - Opening sentance from Rick Warren's book, 'The Purpose Driven Life'

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I sure appreciate it.

Shawn, the shafts are full length and I have bareshaft shot them as well, they are alittle bit stiff but, the bareshafts go right where I'm looking just like the feathers so, I can't afford a dozen new arrows right now and these are shooting pretty good. I know having weaker spined arrow would be better but, I can't swing it right now. My draw is actually a little over 29" PLUS 1 1/2" for hand clearence = 30 1/2". According to CX chart measured with a full length arrow at 52 -57lbs the 350's would start at 31" So, I'm not just way out of the park but, still alittle stiff. I actually had these arrows for a 60# bow I was shooting, I just tried them out of this bow to see what would happen and was shocked they'd fly as good as they do. It's actually hard for me to believe.

Greywolfy, yes I do. Matter of fact what I'll do is walk up to my target, take an arrow out, nock it and just pluck it out in the yard. SO, I get different distances alot. I did accidently pluck it alittle too hard and it went into my neighbors yard lol.

I normally only shoot one arrow because I've broken several and just can't afford that to happen lol. But today I felt risky and shot three. It was different too.

Well, thanks again everybody, and hope all is well. HH

Online The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
Dillon, Every hawg in Oklahoma should fear the mention of your very name!  Actually, with groups like that, I'd say you're ready for McAlester, too.

Good shooting, bud. If it dries out long enough we'll have to get together and see if we can kick something up.

Cam

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Sounds good to me Cam. IF IT EVER DRIES OUT!!!! lol

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:55:00 AM »
i knew you would figure it out!!nice shootin ---she's a killer---good hunting!!
Mike

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
HEY MIKE! Good to see ya on here, thanks man. I tell ya what, she is nice. Have a great day, HH

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©