Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Does Terry Green have any footage here?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Jarrod Feiner

• Trad Bowhunter
Does Terry Green have any footage here?
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »
I'm pretty new here (great place and great people) and I've respected Terry's comments about form--especially in regards to back tension.

Could anyone help me find footage of his shooting form, that is, if it exists. I'd like to better understand his 6:00 analogy.

Thanks-
J
"Your own soul, as a hunter, has gone out to fasten on the soul of the deer, even before the deer has any wind of you, it is so. It is a subtle, profound battle of wills , which takes place in the invisible" D.H. Lawrence

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does Terry Green have any footage here?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
Members Video Forum has Terry and several others.  Also pull up the posts Terry's Form Clock and Terry's Form Clock Question here on the Shooters Forum.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
I have a segment in the up coming Trad Gang DVD explaining proper alignment...till then...here ya go.

Broadside profile with wife\\'s commentary   2.0 MEG  wmv file

Isolation repeat & slo-mo  (new)

Broadside close up silent

View from the rear

Over the Pond......

I've always tried to help people realize that 'form' and proper alignment is from the waist up.     I run into people from time to time that think everything has to be so perfect, just right, and regimented that it seems that they are so concerned with everything being just right, that they could not execute a shot if their right foot was on a pine cone. It seems to be a real mind game to some.

What I feel if the most important aspect of shooting a bow is proper alignment,....once you get as close to that as your physical structure will allow, everything below the waist is irrelevant.  And you can manufacture and create shots in the field with more confidence and accuracy. Taking the mind game game out of the equation, you will be only have concerned with aiming, no matter how you aim.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline peak98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
peak98

traveling East, in search of more light.

Offline Jarrod Feiner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »
Terry, Thanks for the videos. I'm having trouble watching them...I'm a bit of a computer dope. Actually that's an understatement: I am "the" computer dope.

I'll keep at it. I'd really like to check them out.

It's a great point that you make: the shooting apparatus is from waist up, everything that resides below the waist needs to be very flexable--especially for the hunter who needs to, on occasion, take shots in less than regular conditions. I suppose one's legs are there simply to elevate the body high enough to keep the limbs from dragging on the ground   :saywhat:  Well, that and get one to their favorite hunting spot.  

It's obvious that you know your stuff.

Many thanks.
Jarrod
"Your own soul, as a hunter, has gone out to fasten on the soul of the deer, even before the deer has any wind of you, it is so. It is a subtle, profound battle of wills , which takes place in the invisible" D.H. Lawrence

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Numbers 3 and 4 would would not play for me but the others, especially number 2, were a big help. I have benefitted greatly from the help of Terry and other TradGanger members. It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to learn from so many experienced traditional bowman. Thanks to all and keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:

Offline Traditional-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
Terry,
some day,some day.
The smaller the the miss, the better the hit.
I am working on practicing smarter not harder.
We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
wow,how long you been shooting?i finally got all the webs loaded on my comp.your are such a fluid shooter is the best way i know how to describe you.whats the bow and arrows you are using.i know thats not the answer for everybody.just curious.i stayed with it this summer & have finally got to where i love this way.it takes patience and for me determination to not give up till i could shoot.do you have a video coming out and if so when?see
see

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
See,

I do have a segment in the just released "The Bowhunters of Trad Gang" DVD.  Its not a long segment, but stressed what I feel is the most important aspect of shooting a bow...proper alignment.

The bow is a 60" 60# Thunderstick MOAB.

Been shooting a trad bow since I made the switch from the compound back in the late 90s.  Sometime in the 3rd year, it all clicked. I had my own style, and I was happy with it, but I then realised that if you are properly aligned, you can take total control of the shot. And, you can put the arrow where it needs to go from just about any position that's thrown at the bowhunter by taking that alignment with you by bending or rotating at the waist. .....and that 'form' is really from the waist up.  By practicing from various positions, my perfect 'go to' shot really dialed in.

I can't tell you how many critters I'd have missed out on if I only had one perfect back yard shot.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
BUY THE DVD!!  You will be Glad You did!! Besides Terrys' Awsome Shooting, there are Many More Shooters to Watch As Well!!
   "Masters of the BareBow"  is Another DVD that is Money Well Spent!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
OOPS
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
Tons of Practice + natural ability =TG's form....Perfect athletic execution..Push/Pull,followthrough,rock solid bow arm, parallel alignment...thats good stuff!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©