Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Found this place!!  (Read 952 times)

Offline Gurn

• Trad Bowhunter
Found this place!!
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
I have been posting over at archery talk and it seems to be a great place, but I was also looking for a board that was just about Tradition Archery, and was invited to come here.
I really like the way some of you post videos and others give feed back. My son and I have only have only been shooting traditional for a few months and love it. Between us we have two Martin Sticks, one 35#, and one 50#. We also have a Saxon American longbow #50 and a no name 45# recurve. I have not been shooting too much as I injured my neck and it causes a lot of pain. Hard to learn when your hurting. I'm sure I'll heal up soon and get right back with it.    ;)     The boy has been sticking with it and might even deer hunt with a longbow this year. Our only instruction has been Mr Asbel's book and video.

Maybe a little off topic but the boy picked up a old Bear Polar LTD 2 compound the other day at a yard sale with 10 arrows and a hard case for $25.
It was one made in Grayling Mich. before they moved to Fla. He just wanted to keep it because Fred has always kind of been his bow hunting hero. When we got home he wanted to try it, but it had no sites. I suggested he try and shoot it instinctive like his long bow. He took it out back, and with in a few shots he was putting nearly every arrow in the hart of our cardboard deer at 15yd. Then he moved back to 20 with the same results!! We were both amazed!! He was shooting much better that with his longbow.
Theres now way it's going to replace his Martin Stick, but we were both impressed how instinctive shooting has it's place even with a compound.
I told him now that you see this instinctive method works, you just need to buckle down with that longbow and bring it up a notch. I think the group of guys here can really help us out.
Just because it don't work for you, don't mean it don't.

Offline Ken999

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Found this place!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
...hhmmm...I figured you already knew about this place or I'da pointed you in this direction a while ago...my bad...

Still sore eh?

Offline Gurn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
Ken!!  :clapper:  
Man I'm glad yer here!! Now I know this place has some great members. Yes it still hurts but getting better. It won't be long till I'm on the boys heels, He's gonna have to step it up to keep ahead of the old coot!! Just kidding It's gonna be hard to keep up with young eyes, muscles, and sharp mind.   :)  
For those of you that might not know Ken. He a class act.
Just because it don't work for you, don't mean it don't.

Offline Ken999

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
You'll find all kinda good reading on this forum...just don't tell JR about quite yet...at least until you catch up to him...lol...

Thanks for the kind words...I'm not real sure about the 'class' part, but I tend to be and 'act' every now and again...

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
Welcome home to the both of ya....  :wavey:    :campfire:    :archer:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline BLACK WOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Hey Gurn...nice to see you here too.