Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Tuning for 3 under  (Read 730 times)

Offline DDyer

• Trad Bowhunter
Tuning for 3 under
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
After shooting split finger for many years I switched to 3 under about a year ago. I was shooting a 66'' longbow that I know was not tillered for 3 under but I had as good or better arrow flight,same thing with a 58'' Grizzly that I have been shooting lately.I just bought a 62'' longbow, I don't know if this bow is tillered for split or 3 under,BUT shooting 3 under the arrows porpoised terribly,I tried moving the nocking point up and down. I got a little better flight after moving the nocking point way up ( almost 1''above 90 degrees),then they didn't group well.I moved the nocking point down and shot split finger and the arrows flew perfectly and I started shooting tight groups,although high.
My Question is, can I do anything as far as tuning to make this bow shoot 3 under,could I take it to a bowyer and have it re-tillered?
I really like the bow and I also like shooting 3 under,I feel more comfortable and I shoot better this way
were it worth the trouble? Huh? What trouble?

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuning for 3 under
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
The difference in tiller from split to 3 under is very minor. Sounds like something else is the problem.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuning for 3 under
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
Try putting a nock under the arrow to keep it from sliding down string.  Also on my bow tillered for 3 under nock height is 3/8".  On my bow not tillered for 3 under nock height is 5/8".
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©