3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eclipse Bleeder Installation?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
Eclipse Bleeder Installation?
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:29:00 AM »
Hi all,

Just bought some 145gr 4blade Eclipse broadheads,the type with detachable bleeders. Ive never used a head with bleeders before and cant get them to attach to the broadhead ferrule correctly. Even with a 125gr steel insert they slide around and would be very easy to pop out.

Are you supposed to glue these in? Any help with installation of the bleeders would be appreciated!

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eclipse Bleeder Installation?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »
When I put mine on I cut off the shaft taper so it just reaches the bottom of the slot in the ferrule.  I then glue in the shaft with hot melt and after it spins good with the broadhead on I heat up the bleeder blade a little bit and insert it in the slot and then pull it down so it is all of the way back in the ferrule slot as far as it will go.  Towards the back of the broadhead.  They almost snap into place and will stay in place without being glued in.  I just do it when I mount the broadheads into the shafts.  They are really good heads.  I stick the main broadhead on a shaft and sharpen on a belt sander before mounting on arrows and inserting the bleeder blades.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:01:00 AM »
Thanks for the info Joseph, Ill give it another try.

Nice Zebra by the way!
Mark

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 05:35:00 AM »
I got him in 2005 when I was at Dries Vissers.  It was great and I am definetly going back someday.  How are things in Zim these days?  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 02:08:00 AM »
Not good at all my friend, power cuts are the norm now, we're restricted to 450l of water a day...the rate of exchange to the US$ is now approaching 5000 to 1 (and thats the "revalued" figure they lopped off 3 noughts a few months ago, so actually 5,000,000!!!). The game here is also taking a real pounding, people need to eat and of course those in power need to make money,there is a lot of poaching going on. They reckon it will take close on 25 yrs to bring this country back to where it was.

Thanks again Joseph, if Zim was in a better way Id say come visit!
Cheers
Mark

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 02:57:00 AM »
That is sad.  I read a book about the Selous scouts and in it they talked about how the world powers pressured the leaders of your country to negotiate with the communist insurgents.  I still don't understand that.  Sounds like the rich hunting history is gone for good.  Joseph

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©