Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: What Changed? and Thanks  (Read 846 times)

Offline pointy sticks

• Trad Bowhunter
What Changed? and Thanks
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
I have read this Forum on many occasions and have seldom posted here but today I had to. This year I have studied up on and played with;
 my brace height
 nocking point
 arrow spine and length.

I have read up on;
 forum
 release
 instinctive shooting,
 gap shooting
 and picking a spot.

I've been shooting the same longbow for 2 years now and have never really been what I'd call a good shot. Average scores 65-68% at 3D rounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a points counter but I do use theses shoots to gauge if I'm improving.

Over the summer I made 6 arrows (cedars) for a shoot one weekend. and have either lost or broken 4. The other two arrows I just can't seem to do wrong with.  I've gone from shooting 65-68% to shooting 75-85% each round. I just can't figure it out. My buddies are getting to the point that they are threatening to steel those 2 arrows. I'm shooting clean rounds (no misses) have on several rounds shot nothing but these 2 arrows.

The shot distance I'm comfortable with has increases greatly from around 15m to 22-25m (m= meter)

I've always believed that the proper arrows could make the difference but I also believe now that it's a total package. bow, arrow, forum, release and relaxation.

I guess what I truly want to say is THANK YOU to ALL. Those of you who have asked question about your own problems that miffed you. For some have been as confused as myself.

Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to read these post, share information, knowledge and helpful tips.

I now feel comfortable that when the time presents itself I will be confident in MY abilities with my longbow to loose that arrow.

WHAT CHANGED? I've read, I've learned and I've applied knowledge and wisdom from those who have learned before me.

To my Brothers of the Bow, my friend I've never meet from places I've never been

Thank You.

:notworthy:    :clapper:
make em pretty and shoot em straight.

Secretary and Membership Chair
Bowhunters Association of Nova Scotia

Traditional Archers Association of Nova Scotia (member)

Archers Association of Nova Scotia (Member)

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What Changed? and Thanks
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
What has changed is your "CONFIDENCE"
90% of Archery is in the mind....
When you pick up one of those two Arrows you already know in your mind your going to hit the spot....So ya do....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
You did your homework, 'figured it out' and found the magic.  Good for you, Ay!  
P.S.  Cedar arrows always have a little magic in them.  Shhhhh...don't tell anyone.

See you in the woods.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
Could be all the above or, they where not spined all the same or weighted the same. If you don't have a spine tester & weight scale, you relie only on could be's. Where the nocks installed in the correct relationship to the grain?

Those are all possiable's, and your shooting just culled the bad from the good  :rolleyes:  

Sounds like you are doing good!! Keep it up. And I hope you don't lose your two arrows before hunting season!

Brent

Offline Luckyned

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
Those last 2 arrows just loved you more than the others!   :D  

I just went thru 11 love-labored Sikas but only the 'ugly-duck' has stayed with me. I tried to get fancy with cresting and it looks like crap but I guess I feel sorry for it and shoot it well. Go fiqure.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©