Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: video test/ John Dill's form  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
video test/ John Dill's form
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Just trying to figure out how to post a video. John with a 48" superMag in my garage.
   Note the special Kanati Quiver for the super 48. Thanks for looking . Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline cvarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: video test/ John Dill's form
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
Lookin pretty good there, until I saw your other side. Your really pulling the anchor hand away from the face. Keep it on the face upon release.Also you dont need all that extra arrow showing past the bow.Id say at least 3 inches shorter. Man those short limbs scare me when you drew the bow. I thought they were going to rip right off the bow!PS- I also recommend you try the split finger- one over two under the arrow for better control of the arrow on the bow.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
Yeah my wife says the same thing. I look good on one side! (LOL)

Offline cvarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Ha ha! Thats not what I meant John!LOL. Besides all that bow pulling will tone up those muscles you thought you never had -right! Theres a video out there called Hittem Em like Howard Hill by John Shultz. I feel its one of the best instructionals on shooting instinctive the Hill way. You will learn from it and improve-I guarantee that.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
I think I'll check that video out.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
I don't want to ruin anyone's day (honest) - but, if John gets any better, nobody in NC is ever gonna stand a chance at winning - consistantly! (I know, I know - anyone can improve and we do have guys who beat him now and again,including the batman and his son, William, as well as the new kid on the block, Preston - and, Lord knows, John's got faults galore - LOL - but, trust me, what he's doing works for him - although  he'd  never say so, to anybody.)

Don, Good job with your new video camera - good video, good shooting (I'm sure) - but "yoo-glee" shooter there. You shoulda used his wife, or new baby, or your son - and spared us that "other side" that John was talking about -    :D      :goldtooth:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Bernie

Good to hear from you! Happy birthday too! Looks like your an antique Marine now(LOL). Semper Fi!
I pleaded with Don to use someone else besides me....the camera brings out my Clint Eastwood smile and my Robert Redford hair. Yes...I know, you thought I was perfect. Feels good to shoot the bull with you! Don and I hope to make it down your way possibly this weekend maybe Flatwoods or something. Were looking for a few foam targets to miss. Maybe we can get together.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
I'll try to find some place to hide - LOL, although if we're going for misses, I could probably beat you both, hands down. You're both welcome to come and shoot at my targets anytime, you know (and they don't even charge). I'll even let you fondle my wood bows, if you don't teach them any (more) bad habits. Thanks for the HB wish (I choose to ignore the "antique" remark - for now   ;)   )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the invite! I'll have to check the Batten schedule...maybe we can swing in between fiddle lessons and steak grilling!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Yep - and if you ever should come and I'm not here - shoot anyway. Just follow the fence around back to the tower and targets. Chances are I'll be back before you leave anyway.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
Hey, thanks for the invite, Bernie. Maybe I should post my form , then there would really be some problems to correct. Please!, no more helping out my arch rivel, John Dill with his crappy form and realease.

"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
Uh-huh, Don, and I happen to know, that picture only shows about 1/2, or perhaps even just 1/3, of John's awards display, as they were getting ready to move to their new digs.

(It's a good thing he's such a nice guy or folks could really learn to hate him - don't tell him I said that or his head will get even bigger -   :p  )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©