Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Need help to improve form/shooting  (Read 591 times)

Offline KrEn

• Trad Bowhunter
Need help to improve form/shooting
« on: November 23, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Hi

Ive been filming myself shoot, seems i cant upload it to photobucket(suggestions for alternative?) it but it looks fairly OK.

Exept:

String hand "waves" out from face a few times, i simply must stop doing this- back tension, complete the draw, suggestions?

Bow moves RIGHT and then down (right handed archer) on release on some shots, why does it do that, suggestions?

Bow torques on release, it turns to the right, suggestions?

K
-You see something, just whack it"

Offline cvarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help to improve form/shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
Lots of things. Hard to tell without seeing you shoot. The way you grip could produce torqueing, Your bow may be very reactive causing your shot to kick or it could be the way you draw . What bow  weight do you have ,describe each step of the draw process, your stance included. If you are new to shooting and trying to learn form do not put a target out .Just go thru the form and shoot out into the horizon of a field.Pay attention to each part of the sequence and keep it relaxed without straining.It all has to be repeatable without thought.A good video to watch is Hitten um like Howard Hill

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help to improve form/shooting
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
KrEn,

Those are classic symptoms of collapsing during the shot. Make sure you have the proper alignment (look at Terry's "form clock" for an example) and work on your back tension. I'll bet those two things clean up your problems.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©