Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Accuracy problems  (Read 860 times)

Offline NolanDrudge

• Trad Bowhunter
Accuracy problems
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
Hi im new to this forum and am wondering if you guys can answer one on my questions. Im ok at stum shooting, i can usually hit what im aiming at, but when it comes to shooting a target im not so great, its not like i miss the target completly its just that i cant get a good group, im alot better at stump shooting than target shooting does anyone have any idea how i can change that?

Offline Jim/LI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Accuracy problems
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
We all have selective memories.  Try keeping "score" when you stump shoot.  I will bet you don't shoot as well as you think.  That said, target shooting can be difficult due to the boredom factor.  I find it difficult to maintain concentration.  I also find that it is difficult to shoot at relatively large targets.  Try shooting at dots instead of regulation targets.

Offline capt eddie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
When you stump shoot you pick a certain small leaf and dirt clump.  You to do focus on a small spot while target practice. Set up a candle in front of the target in the pitch dark. Shot at the light.  You will not be able to see the arrows you shot.  So you will not try to compencate if you missed.  Concentrate on the light. Not the last shot.
capt eddie

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Biggest problem with shooting for groups is the tendency to want to look at the group.  You end up getting lost in the group as a whole rather than each shot individually.  Group shooting, especially for the beginner, is probably responsible for starting more bad habits than anything.

I'd shoot one arrow at a time, go pull it, and evaluate the good and bad with each shot.  Once you gain the ability to recognize what you did right and wrong with each shot you can move on to using groups to check consistency.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©