Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: What is "Split Vision" aiming mean???  (Read 1956 times)

Offline longbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is "Split Vision" aiming mean???
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
Chuck:
It is more like shotgun shooting than rifle or pistol shooting. You look at the target and at close range or on a mover or a flyer ignore the sight, which hereabouts is the arrowhead. At long ranges and when you have more time you begin to become aware of the position of the arrowhead. At a certain range, your 'point-on' range, they overlap.

The key point is that your focus is on the exact point you intend to hit, on your game or on your target. Awareness of the position of the arrowhead is secondary. - lbg

Offline JImmyDee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
I read descriptions of this technique several times and couldn't figure out what the point was.

Here's a tip: just follow the step-by-step instructions Howard gives in Hunting the Hard Way.  Even though you might not understand a step: do it.

The light will go on.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
I tried that method that hill used and I had absolutely no luck with it. I like to focus on the spot and loose the arrow. I do better that way,and it much simpler than try to have the arrow tip to confuse things,and trying to know the exact yardage. Dr.Stacy Grosscup said it best.Your brain is the greatest computer ever built.

You will automatically adjust for yardage if you concentrate on the spot you want to hit. Which is why we can point at something,and our finger will be aimed dead center of it.

Stacy could shoot aspirins out of the air,hit thrown targets while he was running,stick one dart into another time after time from his blowgun until there would be four or five darts stuck together. The man knew how to shoot instinctive.

I try to avoid anything that makes it harder than just pointing my finger (the arrow) at the target and shooting it. That's what works for me.

:campfire:

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
every one is different. I tryed gap but it did not work for me. I tryed instinctive and had some success. but ever since I mixed the two I have been getting great groups where I want them.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©