Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Gold Tip nocks  (Read 669 times)

Offline doeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Gold Tip nocks
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
How do i keep the nocks of my Gold tip from poping out on me when they hit the target? i have some weight tubes in the shafts but only in the front half of the arrow.I dont think they are slipping back because i put them in with a dot of glue? any ideas/Help? i thought i read here to use a different type of nock, but i cant find where i read it.

Thanks

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gold Tip nocks
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
If loose nocks are the only problem?? A wrap of Teflon tape( like plumbers use) will cure the problem, while allowing the nocks to be rotated or removed.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
You need to snug up the nocks with the teflon tape or even some plastic saran wrap will work also.The old style Gold tip lock nock had a small allen wrench that you could tighten and it would expand the nock inside the shaft.Are you sure the shaft is not cracked where the nock fits? I had a carbon arrow where the nock seemed too loose and the shaft was cracked. Are they all popping out or just a few.I'm not sure they are still making the GT lock nocks,you might ask SRTA a sponsor here.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
yeah the lock nocks will fix that, i like them better anyways. they fit in the nock adapters as well.  SRTA has lots of them.

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
sounds like the weight tubes are bouncing back and nocking them out.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
"sounds like the weight tubes are bouncing back and nocking them out."

That may be, but I also found that if I installed the nocks directly into the shafts, they would often fall out when I shot them unless they were glued in.  Now I always use the nock adapters on the nock end, so I can add supplemental weights if I want to, and I've never had one fall out of the adapter.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©