Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: What do you consider a good score on 3-D?  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Archer Fanatic

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you consider a good score on 3-D?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
80 percent or higher will win you the prize.  If they are shooting gap good for them because they found something that works for them.

Offline laddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »
That is the problem I have, once I started secondary aiming, i couldn't stop.  The arrow is right there in front of me, it is impossible for me not to use it as a reference.  To many rules that I don't understand.  All our rendezvous are two day shoots for some it is hard to attend both days.  Next time I think i will keep score to see what my average shot is worth, but if there is a gap shooting rule i will keep my score to myself.

Offline Mark Hedges

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
is this common for there to be a rule against gap shooting?  And if so how on earth is it enforced?

Mark

Offline Marshrat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
Instintive or gap whats the big fuss? I shoot instintive and shot with some friends that shoot gap whoever is on that day takes it. We shot close enof scores that 1 shot can make a differance. 31/2 years ago I got hurt and had to lay down my Longbows. I just pickem back up 2 month ago and what bothers me is Center and Past Center cut bows with carbon arrows  shooting Longbow class. Traditional Longbow class sure dont seam Traditional anymore.
 Just my 2 cents worth for what it matters.
At the rate this world is going Enjoy today for it is the good old days your Kids and Grandkids will hear about

Offline BodarkOkie

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
I'm with "laddy"...if I still have all 6 arrows that I started with, its a
perfect round!!!!   :)
If you love peace more than you love freedom, you lose!
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of MO-Lifetime/Founding Board
United Bowhunters of IL-Lifetime Charter
Compton Trad. Bowhunters-Lifetime Charter
PBS-Assoc.
NBEF Instructor

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »
Out of 30 targets I'd say not loosing or breaking more than 2 arrows is a great score.  I don't care much about scoring a 3D round I prefer to use each target as hunting shot practice.  If you take hunting shots your scores will be lower than if you are shooting for score.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline Clinglish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
I have only shot 1 3d round , I shot a 130 and took out the meat tray (prize on the day ) for the trad shooters .
I love Bowhunting!!!!
Hunting for Bows that is   ;)

Offline csbullseye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »
I usually average around 8.5 points per target, on a good day I'll go over 9.

Offline Big'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
I averaged 200 for 30 targets last year but would always loose my head and sling one (or maybe two). I'm shooting much better this year but haven't been keeping score. I will as the season gets older. I've been  shooting with some of the Old guys from Tradgang(you know who you are) and they've helped me a bunch. DAVE
"If you want just one thing too much in life....Your life will likely be a disappointment" Augustus McCrae

Offline dtgiacomini

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by R H Clark:
Any time I'm better than the time before I'm happy.
That is what I was thinking, just go against yourself.

Offline crazymoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
As we say at our club " foam is friendly ".
The mid 200's is a good score.
My all time best score was a 314 at a 3d shoot.

Hoyt Dorado,
Nuge Strings Pro Staff

Offline Cecil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »
I shoot between 220-250 I like to average 8 on each target. but some of the guys I shoot with it takes 9 or better to win.

Offline Tilzbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »
If the scoring is 10, 8, 5 a 9.5 average would be world class, 8 average would great shooting, 7 very good, 6 good, 5 average IMO.

8 average = dead game on every shot, on average...
One man thinks he can, the other doesn't. Both are right!

Offline Cecil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »
Most of the shoots around are 5 8 10 12 and 30  targets. I should have put that in. you can go to ShootArchery.com and see some of the scores.

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Cecil:
Most of the shoots around are 5 8 10 12 and 30  targets. I should have put that in. you can go to ShootArchery.com and see some of the scores.
This is how we score our weekly league, and this year I am shooting really well with an average of 283.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline richbear

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
On a 20 target range, I try to at least average 9's if I shoot an average of 8's Ive had an below average day. A score of 160-170 is typically average, to win anywhere I shoot you'd better be shooting 180 or better to place or win and these aren't world class shooters either just good ol boys that'll put it on ya.
I ain't had this much fun since the hogs ate my little brother!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
We dont allow instinctive shooting at our club.......too many lost arrows. Most of our best shooters shoot in the 180s out of a possible 240 score on 3-D targets.

Oh by the way we really dont have any silly rules like the one above. Just funnin with you fellas!!

Offline Fallguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
I figure if you get what ever adds up to all vitals that is a good score. 10-8-5 scoring 30 targets a 240 is good. The next level is acually putting all the arrows in the vitals. But this can also be altered by the course layout. Everyone is different. Now do not get me wrong I never once said that I have achived this on a regular basis. But it is something to strive for.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum  Conservationist

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
Sorry, but I agree with a acouple posts, read what guys actually shoot and than read these posts withthat in mind. The guys who shoot for world titles are lucky to average 9 and averaging 8 is very, very good. I get a kick out of these threads. I have shot quite a few  3Ds where 300(10-8-5) is best and out of 100 guys you are lucky a few hit 240, now if all the shots are under 25 yards that will go up quite a bit but still not over 20%. I am not being argumentative just stating what I see at shoots. Shawn
Shawn

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
You gotta remember, shooting for a world title is a totaly different ballgame and everyones scores drop dowm a bit under the tremdous pressure....the first timers, as well as the contenders. I travel nationally quite a bit, and its rare to see the winners shooting less than 90%.
 Heres the results for a state championship in 07 held the same weekend as the IBO world. 25 targets..10,8 and 5 scoring

2004 IBO World Champion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©