Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: anchoring right under the eye.  (Read 993 times)

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
anchoring right under the eye.
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
I have always anchored middle finger corner of the mouth, three under. I am going to try to anchor as close to the eye as possibe to help with gap shooting, which I am also trying to master. Anybody doing this out there, any replies will be much appreciated. Also I am having a very difficult time seeing the tip of my arrow in my periphial vision.

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anchoring right under the eye.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »
Whump sez; Hey; I anchor at the corner of my eye.60lb at 28" r.d long bow.It will put your point on shooting real close- I shoot point on from right under my tree to about 15yds and I take deer every season using this method to shoot. The disadvantage is you are holding the point of the arrow a foot over the target at 35yds,but for the area I hunt it works out perfect because I seldom shoot over 15yds.I do however shoot very heavy shafting[680 to 750gns] and I set up my hunting situations for close shots in heavy cover. For a target shooter I would probably not recommend an anchor at the eye because it gets really hard to judge a gap when having to hold over the target at distance. I hope this helps you out from a hunters point of view.  Hunt safe.

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
With a lighter gr/# ratio than what Whump is shooting, it'll work just fine for target 3D.
"You're either trained or untrained.  When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
got to shoot outside today with new anchor point, and it feels pretty good. I am anchoring on the bone right below the eye. shooting a 45lb. gamemaster 2, so keeping back tension is pretty easy. out to 30 yards was shooting 10's almost on every shot, hope its not beginners luck with the higher anchor.

Offline wapiti

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
I think you will find it to be the most consistent anchor. Try and use another anchor point along with this so you have 2 reference points. 3 would be better. If you do that it becomes almost impossible to vary bow cant in relationship to your anchor.Target acquisition becomes impossible at long range however. You will need a reference point. For me it is around 50 yd.
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Offline bowtime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
I read an article in Bowhunter mag. writen about
Mike Fedora....he says to anchor high on the cheek to help aiming. I then tried three under
placing the arrow as high as possible and my accuracy improved greatly. It's not luck it works.

Offline chuck172

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
I'm experimenting gap shooting. I'm able to hold point on and hit center from 12 to 22 yards with my anchor. I'm excited about this and really can't imagine a better deer hunting aiming method.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©