Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: can this be tuned to work?  (Read 606 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
can this be tuned to work?
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
my best shooting comes from split fingers middle finger anchored corner of the mouth.  my cheek bone pushes the anchor out to the left(im left handed) so when i put the arrow tip centered and below the target, i hit right. i can hit center out to about 20 yards but then it begins moving right at longer distences.  can this physical obstactle be over come by shooting a slightly weaker arrow shaft without becoming to weak? thanks for any help
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: can this be tuned to work?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
btw, index finger works alot better but my gap is huge w/ that anchor.  i really want middle finger...thanks for any help
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: can this be tuned to work?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »
deermaster1,

First of all, assuming your arrows are correctly tuned, if you're arrows are consistantly grouping in one spot, in your case just right,  that is not a bad thing.  It tells me you have "sameness" in your form...shot to shot.  Consistant repeatability......a good thing!!!

What I would suggest is that you engage in some blank bale shooting and play around/investigate/experiment with different anchors.  Note....do not aim.  Your total focus should be on what you are investigating and not on aiming...with that drill.

One other thing....your string hand/wrist/forearm should be as relaxed as possible.  Ideally the only muscular tension you should have is in the fingers and in your back.  These are all things that can be worked on the bale.  

As you get a feel for things and can duplicate [your] shot say....5 braces of 5 on the bale then take it to the target.  The key is being honest with yourself.  Don't accept anything less than perfection in [your] shot.

Hope that makes sense,

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©