Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: my foot is really in my mouth...  (Read 960 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
my foot is really in my mouth...
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
ok, i took the advice that was given to me in my post about snapshooting away.  the reason i was attracted to snapshooting was be cause when i held on target, my arm moved and i could not keep on target so i let go before i moved.  i was always hitting achor and pulled through the shot but i guess it was a cover for the real problem.  i really conentrated on anchoring my bow arm and avoid torquing the grip while hitting anchor and keeping my back tension.  well all in all, i have found the problem and am working on it.  my bow arm is really solid now and i am amazed at the accuracy increase by just settling down.  i will post some form videos after i becom comfortable with the changes.  i feel embarressed about the last post, but i have found the problem and am really working on it.  thansk for all the patience....  :rolleyes:
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: my foot is really in my mouth...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Lot's of ways to try to compensate for bad form, problem is they don't work often or consistently the way good form does. Glad to see you're learning and big enough to admit it. I stayed out of your other thread but read it with great interest and some amusement. Some folks gave you some real good advice in there though.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
No reason at all to be embarressed.The main thing is you are willing to try something different in order to shoot better.Folks are only in trouble when they think they know everything already.

Have you ever tried a bow just like yours that draws a little less?

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Nothing to be embarrassed by at all.  You tried something that seemed to work well for you.  That's what working on shooting is all about, trying new things and evaluating their effectiveness.  R H has  some good advice, though.  A little less bow weight will probably help you perfect your form.  IMHO, many people favor heavy bows because they help mask form problems; the heavy bows make bad releases less noticeable.  I'll probably be crucified for saying this, but I've never seen anyone shooting a heavy bow that had really good form or that I thought reached their true draw length.  My personal observation has been that for every guy who can truly shoot (not just draw) a 60+ pound bow with proper form, there are at least 100 who can't.  This is just my opinion, which is worth exactly what it cost you.  Paul.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
When trying something new,always remember the goldenrule of archery:

Anything new works great......for about 3
days!    :D  

Its sound archery princples, that always works each and every day!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »
thanks for making me feel better folks.  i am trying some new techniques to see how they work and i will probably be posting questions on them in the future.  thanks again!
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »
The best thing I ever did for my shooting was to get to some big 3D events.Watching and getting advice from folks like Rod will help more than reading a hundred posts on how to shoot.

Most guys are more than willing to help if you question them at the right time.During the shot ,on the range ,would be the wrong time.

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
The main thing is that you are being honest with yourself.  That is a huge stumbling block for some.

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline scriv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Amen.  A bit more honesty would benefit us all.  It takes courage to face the truth.  The folks here are courageous and I admire them for that.   :thumbsup:
Shoot strait and have fun!

Toelke Whip
Black Widow PLX
A&H ACS-CX
Hoyt Formula RX

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©