Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Shooting with glasses...tips or tricks?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline old arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting with glasses...tips or tricks?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
I wear transition trifocals and thought that the sun shade thing was just me. The trifocals make looking for free ranging arrows in the woods tough also. heck to get old...

Offline timthefuelman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
Groundhunter, Wouldn't that keep you from using a cutter?

Offline Triphammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
I hate to wake an old thread but this belongs here. I've been wearing no line bifocals for some eight years, resumed my lifelong affair w/ archery about four years ago. I could never get back to where I was mostly near point of aim but always a little left, a little right, nothing consistent. And unless I really concentrated I shot high.
 Took my glasses off last weekend & proceeded to put the next 15 ARROWS INTO A 4 INCH CIRCLE FROM 19 YARDS. Walked up to ten, couldn't miss. Back to 25 6" circle.
 I've started looking over the tops of the lenses but I'm open to any suggestions. I'm even considering laser seriously for the first time.

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »
Trip,

I could never get used to the progressive lenses.  Once I switched to "lined" trifocals, my problem was solved.  I don't get the distortion that the progressives gave me.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Orion's Quiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
Here's a problem I have. I'm trying to shoot instinctive and concentrate on the target. All's well and fine and I can see the target in sharp clarity...until my bow and arrow come into the picture.

All of a sudden, the target becomes blur and the tip of the arrow comes into sharp focus. I'm blaming the lower part of my progressives! I might have to get distance-only glasses for shooting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©