Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Reference point  (Read 708 times)

Offline zinndl

• Trad Bowhunter
Reference point
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
I shoot the cock feather out and I anchor my middle finger in the corner of my mouth; I have been also using the cock feather as a reference, when it touches the end of my nose, the arrow it positioned under my eye and it seems to work well. I was curious if any of you folks do it like that or what your thoughts on it may be. Feeling the feather touching my nose gives me a sense of confidence that my head is properly positioned for a good shot but I know that the height or general shape of feathers is subject to change so I do not know if it is a wise method to use.
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;and the firmament showeth his handiwork

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reference point
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
If it works for you then it sounds like a good method.  Like you said though feathers are not all exactly the same but should be at least close as long as you stay with the same style and same fletch patten that you have currently.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Scott Gray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
What you are doing is using a double anchor. I too use a double anchor, the knuckle of my thumb at my the back of my jaw right below my ear lobe and the cock feather touching my nose. It works great for me. It has made my shooting more consistant. I fletch my own arrows and make sure that the feathers are positioned the same through out the entire dozen.
BlackCreek Banshee 42 lbs@28

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
That is the exact way that I anchor and shoot. When that feather touches my nose the string is released. It is a double anchor point for me, but it also tells me I am keeping my back tension. Like Scott, it has really increased my accuracy and consistancy.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©