Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: KISSER BUTTON ON TRADBOW???????  (Read 814 times)

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
KISSER BUTTON ON TRADBOW???????
« on: May 22, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
I was just wondering if any u guys done this an if helped?? It has crossed my mind since struggling with consistency on my anchor point when i switch from split to 3under. I can shoot 2-3" groups at 10-15 yards but they roam around an when i`m on my a game 4" groups at 20, but they roam even further at that distance.
Bull

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KISSER BUTTON ON TRADBOW???????
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
Hattick,

The name of the game for predictable and repeatable accuracy is "sameness"; being able to duplicate [your] shot...shot after shot.  If using a kisser helps you to achieve a consistant anchor, then by all means use it.  If you choose to give it a try, do your experimentation on a blank bale.  Do not concern yourself with aiming but rather the mechanics of your shot and the feel of the kisser.  You cannot be aiming and working on form issues, kisser placement/feel etc and expect reasonably good accuracy.

BTW....I have a good friend who uses a kisser on his recurve with deadly accuracy!!!  It works!!
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
"sameness"; being able to duplicate [your] shot...shot after shot.

Steertalker, that sounds like the same advice i give other people an ur so right. I think a double anchor  could be a big help. MORE OF THE SAME IS WERE ITS AT NO DOUBT. Its good to no someone else has tried the kisser button      
i`ll probably give it a try just see how much it makes my group impact more consistent, weather i stick with is unknown

THANKS
Bull

Offline Pruneemac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Ditto, let us know how it goes!

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
Definatly worth a try. Let us know.
Steve.

Offline Wolfkiss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
Hi Hattrick,
              I use a kisser button on my recurve.

I have mine so that it touches the end of my nose when I am at anchor. I have quite an upright stance and it seems to work for me.

Andy.
Hunting was hazardous, but at least it guaranteed the freedom of the individual.

There is no doubt that the onset of farming saw the end of leasure for the majority of people, who were destined to toil in the fields.

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
How`s the groups with the kisser? I` ve never tried it yet, just curious if it makes that big of a different s.
Bull

Offline Wolfkiss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
I put the kisser on primarily because I use a sight and with a sight your form has to be bang on or the sight is good for nothing. I just thought it eliminated one more unknown from the equasion.

I took the sight off my bow yesterday and I got my best group ever without it. Must have been beginers luck!

I think with the kisser my anchor is more consistent.
Hunting was hazardous, but at least it guaranteed the freedom of the individual.

There is no doubt that the onset of farming saw the end of leasure for the majority of people, who were destined to toil in the fields.

Offline slug

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
I shot woth a kisser button when I first started. Not my idea though, the owner of the bow shop recommended it. Since then I have moved away from the kisser. I truely believe it made me more consistent and took alot of the beginners frustration out of learning a difficult skill. My son is now shooting with me and I will put a kisser button on his string too.
Leave only Footprints

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©