Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: 3 under increasing arrow speed?  (Read 632 times)

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
3 under increasing arrow speed?
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
I just recently started to shoot the 3 finger under method and found my arrows were flying much faster (I shoot 692 grain arrows out of a forty five pound longbow so the speed difference was quite noticable). The reason it seems is that while using the same anchor point as split finger(middle finger in corner of mouth) shooting 3 under increases my draw length a full inch. My bow also seems quieter and my effective range has increased to eighteen meters. I did not change the nock, it still sits five eighths above the shelf. Has anyone else experienced an increase in speed and accuracy with this method as opposed to split finger? And can anyone explain why my draw length increased?

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 under increasing arrow speed?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
I bet your mainly getting a cleaner release which increases your speed and your getting more power on the string with 3 under so your draw has increased . I shoot 3 under for thoese very reasons but alot of people shoot split better and have bad results with 3 under .I think you have found what works best for you . good shooting !

mike
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
When I first started shooting traditional bows I was taught split fingers. Then I met a friend that shoots 3 under and I tried it. I found I shoot more accurately with 3 under.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline carlr2s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 02:11:00 AM »
Brittman sounds like he's onto something. I would like you to get more scientific and ue a chronogragh so we all know for sure. I'm interested in this.

Offline bkupris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »
The static tiller of your particular bow might be better suited for three fingers under also?
Brian Kupris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©