Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Shooting RH bow LH  (Read 708 times)

Offline JDice

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting RH bow LH
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
Recently I have injured by right shoulder - to the point that I am probably going to have to learn to shoot left-handed. Before I buy even think about selling my RH'ed bows to buy LH'ed bows - it occurs to me that I should ask - can RH'ed bows be shot LH'ed? If so, is it as simple as switching hands and starting over?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline Skinny Little Runt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting RH bow LH
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
The old world did it with a thumb ring. I've done it with mole skin wrap on the thumb past the first joint. Let me tell you it;s a wild experience. but doable.
"It ain't over till it's over"....

Offline bowtime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
Jim,I have same problem with right shoulder/back.
I solved the problem until I heal up,which is
happening. I bought a used left hand Hoyt bow on E-bay $61.00.The seller turned it down to 36# and I am learning to shoot left hand. In mean
time to insure I can hunt this Fall ,I purchased
an Excalibur Phoenix crossbow.It's fun to shoot and very accurate. I should be multifunctional
if I heal up.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »
After 35+ years of shooting right handed I switched to left about 6 or 8 weeks ago..  I am shooting a left handed bow however. I'm shooting better than I would have thought in this short time...

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Whe i was younger i shot a righty lefty, i used to do it the way i thought it should be done which happend to be the way the mongols and turkish people did it, except i didnt have a thumb ring. Like skinny said, it is wild and i had great success with it. Definetly doable. but maybe not the best option.

P.
"Dont let whats good, steal you away from whats best"

Offline dsa1817

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:33:00 AM »
I hurt my left elbow, so I can't draw my bow either.  I tried what I think looks like the Mongolian realease left-handed on my bow - scary.  At 5 yards I'm high left and way nock left.  But it should be doable, right?  Should I cant the bow or something?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©