Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: bare shaft tuning-clarifacation  (Read 694 times)

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
bare shaft tuning-clarifacation
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
OK, I read the   bare shaft tuning sect. on      ACS's web page , and here is what I gathered: It does not matter the noch orientation.(ie: noch right, noch left) of the bare shaft after hitting the target, ONLY the grouping of the bare shafts relative to the fletched.Am I correct here ? with my set-up my bare shafts and fletched are all grouping together (20 yds)- all within a 6-8 in. circle but the bare shafts are entering the target extremly noch left(45 degrees to the target) and my fletched are almost straight maybe a touch noch left. according to what i read I should be close..or have I misinterpreted the Info?  Ive done a search for this info here on trade gang- it seems this noch left/right thing matters  to some and not to others. I maybe just getting confused from all the info...thanks for every ones help in advance, Shane
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bare shaft tuning-clarifacation
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
champ,
You interpreted it correctly.  Don't worry about where the nock is, only where it penetrates the target.  Though, I usually find that they sorta "coincide"..for example, if the bareshafts strike the target to the left of the fletched shafts, it looks like the arrow is "nock right" in nature and vice-versa.

Actually, if you were to bareshaft an unmatched arrow at a long distance (say 50-75 yds) it's liable to end up heading off almost at a right angle to your target before it gets there.
(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
no it doesn't matter...BUT, I'd back up another 10-15 yards and shoot a few more, just to be sure they aren't to weak, assuming you're a right handed shooter

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »
thanks Larry and Tom for clearing that up,I shot the same set-up again this PM and both the bare shafts and fletched where grouping together out to 25 yards...good enough for me. thanks again, Shane
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©