Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Teaching an old dog new tricks  (Read 614 times)

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Teaching an old dog new tricks
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »
I've always shot a tab.  Usually in conjunction with a glove that I taped the first two fingers back so it gave a little protection to the third finger.  Worked great during the recurve years and then the compound years and a low anchor but was having some trouble hitting a good anchor lately with a higher anchor on my recurve.

Untaped the old glove and got it in shape and viola!  Felt 100% better and could hit my anchor with the middle finger in the corner of my mouth better and more naturally.

Tried it right before dark tonight so I could just see my aiming point at 25 yards but couldn't see the arrow fly.  Shot two groups before it got too dark to see and they were really tight in the vitals.  Felt very natural too.

Can't wait for daylight to further test the glove out but shooting at dusk may have been a factor too.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »
I see this thread has generated lots of interest so continuing on.....I am switching entirely to the  glove   .

And shooting at dusk does seem to make one concentrate a lot, thus smaller groups.
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline tjjsidekick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Did you mean you're switching entirely to the golve?? Your first post sounded like the glove for the ticket for you. I did the exact opposite - swithced from a damascus glove to a Bateman tab and now I don't see how I ever shot without the tab. Which ever one you use, I hope it works out for you!

TJ

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
My last post was in error and I corrected it.  I'm going with the glove and seem to get a better anchor with it.
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©