3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eagle Flight vs. Boa quivers  (Read 1220 times)

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
Eagle Flight vs. Boa quivers
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
I have a Thunderhorn Boa quiver on my Black Bear. I want to go with a leather top for the Kanati longbow I have on order. The Eagle Flight is a nice looking quiver and I like the light weight it offers. I am a bit concerned with the attachment system though. How does the velcro stand up and does the quiver stay put as well as a Boa. The rubber straps on the Boa do a great job of holding the quiver in place. I was wondering if the same can be said for he Eagle Flight. What do you say guys?
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
Re: Eagle Flight vs. Boa quivers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
We have had both...love the smallness of the Eagle Flight but...find they move.  We tried but could not get them to stay put on some bows.  Tom did hunt with one on his Schaffer Silver Tip.  The Boas always stay put.  I really love to hunt with a great Northern strap on quiver.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
I have both quivers. Boa on my CM and Eagles Flight on my Kota. Both work well. The EF seems to hold in place just fine. It is light as a feather and holds arrows securely. My only complaint is that it is so small that 3 STOS almost cut the foam into 3 pieces. All in all though I would purchase another one and would recommend it to others.

Mark
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
I had the same results with the eagle flight as countrygirl, it always moved/slid on the limb.  Sharp broadheads pulling out of the quiver while sliding down a hill is... let's just say, not a comfortable feeling.  I went back to the Boa and great northern quivers.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
I have the Eagles Flight 4 arrow model and had it move on a narrow limb longbow but not on my Morrison Cheyenne.  The directions say to cut the rubber if you are using it on narrow limbs to prevent that.  Four STOS 160's did cut up the foam real bad though.  I went back to the Great Northern strap on and remove it at times when on stand.  If you are looking for lightweight then the EFA's are great.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
I have gone to Eagles flight pretty much exclusively on my longbows....I use the 4 arrow model....and I really like the lightness of this quiver.

I will be selling off some of my Boa quivers soon.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
Guys and Gals...If you cut the rubber to fit the bow, it stays put much better.  At 1st I DIDN'T cut the rubber cause I was trying it out of several bows.

Also, wash the rubber real good and let it dry before you but it on the bow...the rubber can have a talc residue that will cause it to slide....when you wash the rubber, you clean up all the holes that act as sucction cups against the bow finish.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I use the Eagles Flight quivers exclusively...half the wieght of most other quivers...a quality product!!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
The concept behind the EFA bowquivers is sound but requires that they be installed correctly.

Rule #1 is that the leather/rubber material under the velcro be trimmed to fit. (Edge of the leather/rubber should be about 1/4 inch short of the edge of the bow. This is vital to obtain the lateral tension required to hold firmly in place.

Rule #2 is to press firmly against the hood or arrow gripper when installing, and fasten the velcro tightly.

If both of these are done, your quiver should hold firmly in place.

I have installed these quivers on a large variety of bows with good results. We provide instructions on how to attach them to the bow. Ocassionally
someone will buy a bowquiver without the instructions, or will not read them (as I usually do).

In extreme conditions (mountains, swamps, hunting horseback, etc.) you can put double faced tape on the limb under the rubber contact. I've never found the need to do this, but under extreme conditions, it may be added insurance.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
I like the EF models so much, I switched out all my quivers, both limb bolt and strap-on to the light yet effective 4 arrow designs from Eagle's Flight. Keeping one Thunderhorn limb bolt model but only because when I hunt TX I like 5-6 arrows.

Don and Karen are excellent folks to deal with and have given me the colors and design changes exactly like I wanted. Now, if we could just get them to do another, even bigger model than the 4 arrow for 5 or 6   :readit:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
If you do it right, the Eagle Flight does not move.
John

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
I'll stick with my Thunderhorn Small-Fry quivers. NEVER a problem and they stay where you put them but hey, it would be a dull world if we all liked exactly the same things.

Offline LP Kelley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
Thunderhorn Small Fry quivers are nice. I used one on an Adcock for about three years. The EFA's are quite a bit lighter. I've got EFA's mounted on a couple of Super Shrews. Trim the Rubber back a 1/4 inch from the edge of the limb-wrap the velcro around tight! They've been on the bows a couple three months now. Haven't moved.

Hmmmm I don't know about cutting the foam up real bad. I use the 2 blade 'stingers' and they just cut slots.

And also Don or Karen stitched the hood up in the color I requested. I was pleased with that.

Yep, the EFA's and the Super Shrews go together like peanut butter and jelly. -LP

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
I really like the Eagle's Flight.  Much lighter, they have never moved on my recurves, and they seem to make the bows quieter, too.  If you use really big broadheads, it might be too small, though.  Paul.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
For what its worth on the big bheads....my 4 arrow Eagle's Flight will hold a Magnus 1 4 blade, 2 Sasquatches (one with a bleeder), and a Sirocco.

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
i've switched over from the boa to eagles flight.
i love the light weight.my 4 arrow model holds 3 snuffers and a judo with no problem.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
In my standard 4 arrow I can carry 4 125 grain snuffers or 4 160 grain Simmons Landsharks with the bleeders.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Moengo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Eagle Flight-4 arrow for my longbows!!

You want to see a nice bow quiver by EF, maybe JC will post a pic of his limb bolt custom...man, that is a sweet looking quiver.
CB

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
You're right Charlie, they do fine work. I'm proud to own every one I've got. I think this is the one you were talking about....

I've since swapped the bolt around so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb on this pretty leather.

I prefer 3pc takedown bows and was very pleased when Don decided to apply his skills to a model like this. Mine has about a 4" offset to move the hood up the riser so on my short bows the arrows don't extend past the lower limb tip. As others have said, he'll also stitch up custom color combos (I'll have to post a pic of the two tone he did for me that matches my copperhead bow perfectly) and even from time to time does work with custom hides. How's THAT for options?   :readit:   Give him a call, you won't be sorry.

As far as size, typically my quivers will hold a woodsman, a 190 interceptor with bleeder, a Pearson Deadhead and a hex head. You have to position them carefully when you first stick them into the new foam but you can do it with good clearance. I've carried 4 big ones in the arrow quiver with no problems too.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Moengo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
That is the one, JC. You better not leave that one hangin around unattended!! I really like that quiver. I'd like to see the 2-tone also.
CB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©