3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quiver for BW PMA?  (Read 663 times)

Offline Jon Paulding

• Trad Bowhunter
Quiver for BW PMA?
« on: November 14, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
I shoot a Black Widow PMA series recurve with 32" arrows. I currently have a Selway limb bolt mounted quiver which vibrates alot due to the short distance between the arrow gripper and broadhead cup. What is the best bow quiver for this bow in all of your experience, taking into account that I shoot long 32" arrows? I am reluctant to put in drilled side mounts because I think they detract from the look of the bow, but if consensus is that the quivers utilizing this mouonting style are best, then I will do it. I am considering the Great Northern detachable limb bolt mounted quiver,Webb Tight BW quiver, the Thunderhorn side mount or the Thunderhorn Boa. Please give me your advice! Thanks, Jon

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quiver for BW PMA?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
Jon,  I just put a selway on my MAV that uses the quiver bushings.  I'm not a fan of bushings either but this quiver looks and works great.

I have also had wonderful experiences with the BOA quivers. Very quiet and easy to use.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Online PhilFloyd

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
I have used limb bolt quivers and side mount quivers.  Personally, I think the side mount quivers were much more solid than the limb bolt quivers.  Yep, the riser has to have the bushings, but to me the result is worth it.  I have also tried strap on quivers and did not like them.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
Use a slip-on Sellway!!!!!

Slide it down the limbs all the way to the riser. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.    :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline BigCnyn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
I shoot with the fred bear quiver, bolts on my riser, top and bottom,, adjusts to arrow length.. Seen them in 3rivers catalouge.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©